This classroom is nothing like you’ve ever experienced. Are you ready to take your education to a new level with a hand-on internship with a premier summer baseball club?
Internships run from May – September. Every Summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews will start in January and will continue until all positions are filled.
All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signs, preparing the ballpark prior to the season, deliveries, and other miscellaneous outdoor work. Besides game-day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping to prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite community events.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department.
Job Type: Part-time (Internship)
The Welland Jackfish are a professional baseball team playing in the Intercounty Baseball League . This regionally recognized franchise is known for creativity, innovation, excitement, customer service and development of talent. The Jackfish, in their 5th year of business, operate Welland Stadium or The Pond as our FINatics call it, in Welland, ON.
The Welland Jackfish are looking for creative and outgoing people who are willing to have fun. This internship provides a first-hand look at the execution of minor-league promotions and customer service initiatives, and it will run from May-September.
Experiences on game nights may/will include:
• On-field promotions
• Sponsorship fulfillment of promotional activation
• Set up and tear down of certain areas in the ballpark
• Crowd interaction
• Game Social Media Management
• Ticket Sales and Service
• Concession Sales and Service
• Provide premier customer service to fans with basic knowledge about the Jackfish and Welland Stadium
• Promote the Fans First, Fun Always atmosphere throughout Welland Stadium
• College student with a minimum of one year of undergraduate courses completed
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Willingness to learn in a fast paced environment
• Flexible hour availability, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Applications will be accepted until March 3rd, 2023. Applications may forward their resume to email@example.com