Abbotsford Christian Middle School is currently accepting applications for a part to full-time (0.4-1.0 FTE) as a LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES (LSS) COORDINATOR for the 2023-2024 school year.
This LSS Coordinator would join a collaborative team that is responsible for all aspects of the LSS department. This includes programming for learning support and special education students, supervising educational assistants and their workload, and communicating with parents and staff; all in keeping with the mission and vision of ACS. The coordinator would report directly to the campus principal and work closely with the Director of Learning Support Services.
Specific qualifications include:
· Teacher certification within BC with at least two years of successful teaching experience
· Clear understanding of Christian education
· Experience or training in special education or related field
· Special education and coordinator leadership experience preferred
The ideal applicant would have the following characteristics:
· Deep and disciplined understanding of the Christian worldview
· Friendly, even-tempered, and a servant-hearted attitude toward staff, parents, and students
· Relational, with a strong desire to connect with students
· A reputation for being an excellent educator and modeling servant leadership
· Experience with project-based learning or deeper learning pedagogies
· Willing to work in a team environment in a progressive and creative school
· Adaptable, professional, confident, and optimistic
· Teachable, quick learner
Please send your resume, a list of references and a short essay explaining your personal philosophy of Christian education and its implications for special education.
MIKE CUMISKEY, MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Abbotsford Christian Secondary School
35011 Old Clayburn Road
Abbotsford, BC V2S 7L7
While we appreciate all applications and inquires, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.