Act Five is a young non-profit that cares about growing in its organization and structures. The administrative assistant role is for someone who believes in the mission of Act Five and brings gifts in organization, communication, initiative, and discipline with a desire to serve this ministry in a really important albeit behind-the-scenes and unglamorous way. This person will work with a range of Act Five staff and will be encouraged to participate in the life of Act Five as they are able.
Hours of Work: Full time (35 hours/week) for 16 weeks, beginning May 6, 2024.
Reports to: Program Manager
- Assist with administrative duties in preparation for the Fall launch of the Act Five gap year program
- Assist with administrative duties related to Act Five’s ongoing organizational development
- Assist with administrative duties in the recruitment of incoming students, such as booking camp visits, calling prospective students, and tracking communications
- Organize program files relating to processes and protocols
- Assist in tracking summer program expenses such as home and property maintenance, food, and household supplies
- Assist in planning the Act Five program calendar for the year
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Program Manager in a variety of areas
- Assist in the planning of summer events at the Act Five residence, including storytelling nights and volunteer work days, in collaboration with other staff
- Participate in weekly ‘Spaghetti Wednesday’ meals at the Act Five residence, and commit to being an active member of the Act Five summer community
Skills: Employees must demonstrate an ability to work independently, be organized, and communicate effectively with staff and external partners. Skills in google docs, calendar, spreadsheet, typing, and media/digital communication skills preferred.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma. Priority given to those with post-secondary education completed or in progress. Prior experience with the Act Five program is an asset.
Salary: $18.50/hourly*, pending funding.
*Subject to increase depending on previous experience and skills.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2024