Summary of Position:
Act Five cares about telling its story well in digital and print spaces. Through gathering photos and videos, managing social media, producing creative content and assisting with other areas of Act Five’s communications as skillsets and needs allow, the Media & Communications Assistant will serve as an important member of the Act Five team through the summer of 2024.
Hours of Work: Full time (35 hours/week) for 16 weeks, beginning May 6, 2024.
*Opportunity to extend contract beyond the summer in a part-time capacity.
Reports to: Admissions & Recruitment Manager
- Assist with administrative duties in preparation for the fall launch of the Act Five gap year program and in Act Five’s ongoing development.
- Organize program photo and video files
- Gather photo and video content and design graphics as needed and able
- Create social media content including photo, video, event postings, and blogs as directed by the Program Director or Program Manager
- Ensure website content and event page are up to date
- Develop and complete other creative projects as it pertains to Act Five’s mission and vision, in consultation with other staff
- Participate in the events and activities of the Act Five summer community, for the purpose of personal enrichment and photo/video coverage
- Participate in weekly ‘Spaghetti Wednesday’ meals at the Act Five residence, and commit to being an active member of the Act Five summer community.
Skills & Abilities:
- Employees should hold a clear understanding of Act Five’s mission and vision and desire to tell the story of Act Five
- Employees must have relevant experience in photography, videography, graphic design, communications and media software, and/or social media posting.
- Employees should demonstrate initiative, ability to work independently and be a self-starter, flexibility, organization, and skills in verbal and written communication.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the ability to reside onsite at the Act Five residence in downtown Hamilton. Reduced rent will be offered to those that can meet this expectation.
Salary: $18.50/hourly*, pending funding. Residence at 75 Blake St preferred.
*Subject to increase depending on previous experience and skills.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and 2 references to email@example.com by April 1, 2024