Atwell Centre: Pregnancy Options Support
Proving Hope, Compassion, and Information
Atwell Centre: Pregnancy Options Support (Atwell) is a pregnancy care centre located in downtown Hamilton. We provide education, caring support, and give practical assistance to women and their partners as they face important decisions about their unplanned pregnancy and sexual integrity. Our services consist of pregnancy options counseling, post-abortion recovery workshops, post-adoption grief counseling, male mentoring, a clothing room for maternity and children’s clothing, and a community educational program, S.H.A.R.E. Atwell offers an environment where people make a difference in the lives of women, men, families, and students in our community.
We are looking for a sincere, caring, friendly and hardworking individual to join our amazing team. This position is ideally suited for someone with strong administrative and customer service experience. If you are self-motivated and energetic, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Partner Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing relations for monthly, major, church, event, and one-time donors using a best-practices approach in support of Atwell Centre’s goals. A secondary duty is data management.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supported and guided by: Centre Operations Director
- Expresses full agreement with centre’s Purpose, Mission, and Vision Statements, the Sanctity of Human Life Statement, the Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Expresses full agreement with Clinic’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and Lifestyle Standards Policy.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, advanced knowledge and use of databases, internet and email fundamentals using Outlook/Exchange, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and set deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Pioneering: Embraces the organization’s mission wholeheartedly recognizing the opportunity to exercise managerial courage in forging new pathways in community-based client care.
Discerning: Able to exercise sound judgment to gage a donor’s interaction with Atwell
Detailed: Displays superior accuracy and attention to detail
Discreet: Careful and circumspect in words and actions, including a commitment to respecting donor confidentiality.
Compassionate: Able to, in a relational context, notice another person’s pain, experience an emotional reaction to that pain, and act in some way to help ease or alleviate the pain.
Objective: Takes action to intentionally minimize the potential influence of personal values, beliefs and positional power on donor care
Flexible: Recognize how to adapt to the needs of Atwell and it’s donors
Openness: Explores and develops a range of possible alternatives and approaches when communicating with donors
Spirituality Leadership: Speaks and acts in a way that exhibits a deep understanding of and commitment to Christian love and ethics and encourages others to do the same.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Expertise: An understanding of Christian ministry and the non-profit fundraising and donor relation sector. University Degree or College Diploma in fundraising, public relations, marketing or a related field and a minimum of three years experience in fund development team
- Professional development: Seeking and using new knowledge that may enhance, support, or influence competence in practice
- Spiritually mature: Evidences clear practice of holistically integrating Christian doctrines, teaching and practices into daily living.
- Commitment to women’s health: Motivated by the desire to ensure women have justice in their access to information and support for their reproductive health decisions.
- Ethical: Recognizes and respects the intrinsic worth of each human being.
Donor Care (40%)
- Create, implement, galvanize, and maintain recognition and appreciation programs to thank, reinforce and maintain long-term relationships with minor donors
- Galvanize and maintain that Atwell Monthly Partner program
- Galvanize and maintain new donor relationship management system
- Liaise with Executive Director on plans and processes for major donors
- Provide reports and analytics on donor participation to the ED as required
- Assists Executive Director with day-to-day donor care
- Ensure consistent accuracy for each donor profile
Donor Communications (20%)
- Write and implement monthly donor emails
- Design, create, and write 5 seasonal direct mailers
- Write and implement thank you card scripts
- Write annual and bi-annual reports to keep donors and the church informed and engaged
Donor Finance (10%)
- Process monthly EFT donor transactions
- Follow up with lapsed monthly donors
- Process any incoming donations over the phone, or by mail, including and not limited to writing deposit forms
- Process tax receipts with the finance department
- Input donor data from exterior financial sources (PayPal, Square, Race Roster, Benevity, etc)
- Provide written communication to donors about upcoming fundraisers
- Lead Formula 4 Hope Campaign across Hamilton and Halton
- Provide administrative support for donor relations for fundraising event registration (Gala, Golf Tournament)
Public Relations (5%)
- Represents the centre in the community as delegated by the Executive Director with professionalism and Christ-like compassion
- Participates in community-based networking opportunities that offer professional training and information pertinent to the Atwell Centre
- Liaises with other ministries within the communities of Hamilton and Halton
Professional Development (5%)
- Attends educational events and accesses a variety of educational resources to increase knowledge and competency related to fundraising and donor development
- Maintains a working knowledge of donor relations and professional standards relevant to the Canadian Charity sector
- Pursues ongoing development of competencies in providing donor care