BGIS Global Integrated Solutions
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The role of the Lobby Ambassador will support the ongoing re-occupancy and modified use of common building areas and flow of people in and out of buildings as part of the building operations team. In this role, the lobby Ambassador is an important resource to provide a visible contact point for building occupants, provide information on where to go to access work areas where new queuing procedures are in place, provide additional sanitization of high touch areas like door handles, counters and common area seating, provide observational reporting on effectiveness of physical distancing measures and protocols to the operational team and client to drive continual improvement in new building access procedures. You will work with a team of professionals delivering property management services. This role will support the key differentiator of the organization – it’s people, by enabling a culture of high-performance teams.
- 220,000 square feet of fully modernized and renovated space, operates 5 days a week
- Number of employees vary from building to building
- Space could include onsite cafeteria, main entrance, multipurpose rooms, event space, games room, lobby areas, onsite fitness centre, customer center and more
- Locations such as GOC National Capital Regions
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support customers, visitors and employees in a friendly, knowledgeable and courteous manner at all times.
- Responsible for workplace experience in designated lobby and service areas – greeting team members, responding to inquiries and questions, facilitating access to the building and giving access cards .
- Have in-depth knowledge of the workplace – technology, meeting rooms, multi-purpose and shared spaces, amenities and places of interest, and be able to communicate these confidently and clearly to team members and guests.
- Act as an ambassador for the Workplace Experience Program
- Respond to incoming calls promptly, professionally and courteously.
- Maintain and distribute program related documentation in support of Experience team onboarding and training.
- Assist in planning minor events and setting up meeting venues
- Provide maps of the amenity areas of the location
- Use operational knowledge of the facility to quickly resolve any issues encountered by team members or guests.
- Manage security access cards for visitors and contractors.
- Optionally submit work orders for maintenance (including technology), workspace, or janitorial issues, to ensure prompt response and follow-up for continuous improvement.
- Ensure occupational health and safety guidelines are adhered to and report any violations or near misses to the manager, client or BGIS partners.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Lobby Ambassador must be Bilingual French (fluent in both written and verbal communication)
- This role requires the Lobby Ambassador to work on site Monday to Friday (during business hours)
- College diploma with 1-3 years of job-related experience, ideally in a Corporate or Tourism/Hospitality environment in a concierge, host or reception role
- High level of people skills – service oriented, customer-focused and a can-do attitude
- Able to exercise sound judgement, make decisions, provide direction, work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams)
- Self-taught, able to work both independently and in a team
- Pro-active, approachable, and solution-based
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Strong organization skills
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Clean criminal record check
- Basic knowledge of health and Safety Legislation and regulatory requirements
Note that BGIS has implemented several safety measures and orientation during the current pandemic designed to educate, coach and protect team members and the general public from COVID-19.
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
To apply for this job please visit fa-evcg-z.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.