Bible League Canada
TIME COMMITMENT: Full Time, 37.5 hours weekly
LOCATION: Office located in Grimsby, Ontario; Hybrid
EFFECTIVE: applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Overview of the Organization:
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada (BLC) has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with regional and national ministries in almost 50 countries, equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, committed to reaching their own communities with the Living Word of God.
Bible League Canada diligently tracks each copy of God’s Word placed, connecting Canadian donor champions with global champions to see maximum impact and multiplying transformation.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP), the Director of International Ministry will assist the SVP in two broad areas: (A) Strategic Planning and (B) International Missions Operations. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and effectively and diplomatically interacting with members of the Global Leadership Team, other ministry partners, other BLC teams and donors. The successful candidate will be a member of our National Leadership Team. Specific responsibilities within the above areas are:
(A) Strategic Planning:
This involves participation in the development of strategic plans for all ministry activity, including:
· Engaging with the Global Leadership Team, which consists of continental joint ministry partner leaders, and ensuring that all regional/country plans and budgets are understood and up to date.
· Researching, documenting and providing updates on geo-political conditions in the countries where BLC operates, as well as the content of strategic ministry programs used by our ministry partners.
· Leading the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes for both the Global Leadership Team and the BLC International Ministry Team, contributing to the drafting, publication, and implementation of the annual operating plan.
(B) International Missions Operations:
This involves overseeing and directing International Missions Operations.
· Supporting the SVP in directing relationships with the Global Leadership Team, administration of the annual operations budget, regularly traveling globally for field operations visits, compiling and editing field reports and reviews and directing onsite staff.
· Supervising the Project Lead to ensure that all Genesis Projects are successfully completed according to mutually agreed upon benchmark, metrics and outcomes.
· Working with the International Ministry Coordinator, develop and improve ministry management systems, structures, processes and culture which support the successful execution of strategic plans and their related goals and deliverables.
· Supporting the Marketing and Development Team with information such as program content and reports for fundraising purposes and annual appeals, and collaborating with Marketing to ensure alignment on appeal goals.
· Organizing, facilitating and attending meetings of the Global Leadership Team.
· Regularly attending meetings of the BLC National Leadership Team.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
· Knowledge of and passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
· Excellent inter-personal skills; experience interacting with people from various cultures, backgrounds and work styles.
· Able to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a busy environment.
· Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and teammates.
· Reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve and implement solutions.
· A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
· A dedicated team player who enjoys working with others in team settings to solve problems and who has a proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside the organization.
· Clear understanding and ability to adhere to and manage confidentiality.
· Proven pastoral heart preferred
· Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree with studies in pastoral ministry, global affairs, missions or international relationships preferred.
· Experience in pastoral ministry is preferred
· Experience in church planting is preferred
· Global experience either in missions or global ministry would be an asset.
· Experience in a not-for-profit organization preferred but not essential.
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, Power Point, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Intermediate/Advanced organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture.”
· Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the faith and lifestyle policy documents of Bible League Canada.
· Available for significant travel commitments internationally.
· The incumbent will be required to pray and minister to people who contact Bible League Canada either in person, or by phone, or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include but are not limited to reception/phone duties, general inquiries, churches, conferences and events and all fundraising activities, in multiple countries and cultures.
· A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
· Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
· Working in the Grimsby office according to the BLC hybrid working model
Here’s why we think you will love joining Bible League Canada:
Our ministry: All peoples. Everywhere. Transformed by the living Word of God.
Our culture: Certified as a Best Christian Workplace–Flourishing category
Our team: Supportive, encouraging and positive environment
Our commitment: Team building, professional development, personal growth
Our plan: Competitive compensation, RRSP matching, outstanding benefits package
For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to:
Contact Person: Teresa Sennema, HR Manager
Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Accommodations in the selection process are available, upon request, for applicants with a disability, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).