Bible League Canada
Bible League Canada
TIME COMMITMENT: Full Time, 37.5 hours weekly
LOCATION: Office located in Grimsby, Ontario; Hybrid
EFFECTIVE: applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Overview of the Organization:
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with national ministries in over 40 countries, equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, committed to reaching their own communities with the Living Word of God.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are in need of an in-house Graphic Designer, reporting to the Marketing Content Manager, to support the various projects and initiatives of the Marketing Team and other departments as needed. This includes direct mail and online fundraising appeals, regular newsletters, brand materials and designing effective advertising.
Specific responsibilities within the above areas include:
Fundraising Appeal Design:
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Development Teams in the production of monthly fundraising campaigns.
· Consult on style, tone and format of each appeal design
· Produce multiple, related, pieces for digital ads, eblasts, landing page and direct mail to form the campaign.
· Work closely with the Marketing Team to communicate the heart of the ministry, and the stories from the field, to our current and prospective donors.
· Work in collaboration with other teams to make updates as needed.
Marketing Collateral Development:
· Create, design and produce Bible League Canada internal and external publications for print and digital applications. This may include a variety of formats and delivery methods
· Ensure designs reflect Bible League Canada brand standards and style guide and support strategic goals and objectives.
· Working with other departments to provide design guidance and execution to support the needs of the organization.
· Producing accurate and timely revisions
· Provide advice and consultation regarding the use of various design elements and print production aspects of a job including paper stock, printing inks, printing/binding/kitting methods and other production specifications as well as recommending the most appropriate visual communication design elements, strategies and production processes to achieve the desired outcomes.
· Support the Marketing Team in any long-term planning initiatives or the development of any new programs.
· Contribute to the identification of process improvements and recommendations.
· Participate in regular chapel services, and be willing to pray with colleagues, donors, visitors, etc.
Other duties as specified when required.
Education and professional accreditation:
Education must include a post-secondary diploma in a Graphic Design related program.
Minimum 1 to 3 years of professional experience as a Graphic Designer.
Experience with digital graphic design and designing webpages
Experience and proven abilities in managing external partner relationships.
Experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset but not essential.
Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs (particularly InDesign and Photoshop), and similar programs.
Proven understanding of graphic design principles and ability to follow brand guidelines
Creative problem solving and design ability
Familiarity and understanding of design for different media formats (such as direct mail, digital, large format etc.)
Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience interacting with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside of organization.
A reliable self-starter with the ability to take initiative, problem-solve and implement solutions.
Able to multi-task, prioritize and well in a fast-paced environment.
Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
· Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the organization’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
· A love for Bible-based ministry.
· Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Here’s why we think you will love joining Bible League Canada:
Our ministry: All peoples. Everywhere. Transformed by the living Word of God.
Our culture: Certified as a Best Christian Workplace-Flourishing category by the Best Christian Workplace Institute
Our team: Supportive, encouraging and positive environment
Our commitment: Team building, professional development, personal growth
Our plan: Competitive compensation, RRSP matching, outstanding benefits package, flexible work arrangements
For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to:
Contact Person: David Rowaan, Marketing Content Manager
Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Accommodations in the selection process are available, upon request, for applicants with a disability, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).