Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp
Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp exists to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a wilderness setting.
We are located southwest of Longview, AB in the Rocky Mountains.
We have two facilities: Willow Creek which is our resident camp in the foothills and Coat Creek which is in the mountains.
Programs include: kids camps, Teen Horsemanship, Hiking Base, Survivor and Photography camps, Climbing Camp, Family Camps (Special Needs Family Camp, Father Daughter and Mother Daughter Horse Camps, Fly Fishing, plus rental groups from Teen Challenge, The Narrow Road and other such groups that work with the homeless, troubled youth or folks out of prison.
We are a small camp with 25 campers per session and 20 staff. Staff rotate between the two sites and have a hand in all that we do. Even though they may come as a Counselor or Wrangler, they will at times be called upon to help in other areas of the camp.
Activities include: horseback riding, pack trips, rock climbing, canoeing, mountain hiking, archery, games, God Talks, fun!!.
Summer Camp Staff: May 1 – Head Wranglers, Head Cook, Maintenance, Program Director, Jr Counselor Training Team Leader, Jr Counselor Mentor.
June 1 or later : Assistant Wranglers, Assistant Cook/Kitchen helper, Program Staff, Counselors – Rock Climbing Instructor, Hiking Leader, Wilderness Skills Leader, Canoeing Leader, Nurse, Secretary
We are committed to helping you leave camp at the end of summer, with enough money to help you in a significant way with your schooling.
1) All paid positions at both camps receive a guaranteed $1,000 per month, room and board.
2) Staff have the opportunity to raise an additional $1,600 per month through friends, family and church. We provide you with a letter that you hand out and they mail the funds to the ranch. You receive what comes in for you up to the $1,600 per month .
3) The last number of summers, some Canadian staff received a government grant that paid $2,300 per month. The grant is not guaranteed every year. This grant is available to all Canadian citizens who are between the ages of 18-30 regardless of whether they are going back to school or not.
1) Love God and have a desire to serve him and grow in your faith.
2) Be responsible for your main job but also be involved in other areas of the camp when needed.
3) Alternate between the two camps when needed.
4) Not scared of hard work, long days, the dark, the cold, sleeping in tents or outside under the stars, food cooked over a fire, coyotes howling, or bugs.
5) Must like beautiful sunrises and sunsets, crisp mornings, starry nights, vast expanses, horses, and kids.
International staff are welcome to apply as the process is relatively easy.
For info and to apply go to http://bluebronna.org