Just one week of showing kids the love of Jesus can have an eternal impact, and it happens through people like you! Camp Qwanoes hopes to welcome over 4,000 children and youth from all backgrounds this summer, and our goal is to help them discover life with Jesus Christ.
The Camp: Camp Qwanoes is a high-adventure, residential Christian camp located on beautiful Vancouver Island.
· We strive to love kids to life, helping them discover, live, and share life like no other in Christ.
· We believe in providing biblical discipleship through relationship-focused, fun-oriented, and Christ-centred programs.
The Position: We’re looking for Senior Counsellors to serve from June 21 to August 31, 2024. Full-summer Senior Counsellors receive a financial contribution from Camp Qwanoes of $4000 and are eligible to raise additional support, with the help of Qwanoes, up to $8000.
· Counsellors experience solid training and support, wonderful fellowship, and the blessing of being a direct part of changed lives.
· Room and board on Camp property is provided.
· A servant’s heart that is willing to work hard and ready to be a consistent witness for Christ
· A sincere love for children and youth
· A desire and ability to share and model the love of Christ
· Counselling a cabin of eight to nine campers per week for seven to eight weeks
· Mentoring a Junior Counsellor
· Serving for one or two weeks on the All-Star United team, Activity Support, or Operations Support Crew
The Location: Camp Qwanoes is located on Vancouver Island, BC, one hour north of Victoria and 45 minutes south of Nanaimo. Nestled right between Maple Mountain and the Pacific Ocean, it’s the perfect place to take in the glory of God’s creation whether you’re a hiker, swimmer, or beach-lounger!