First Baptist Church Ingersoll
Re: Internship or recent grad (immediately or Fall semester)
First Baptist Ingersoll is a multi-generational body of believers. We are a worshipping community empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with everyone.
We want to invest in the next generation. We desire to aim our ministry outreach intentionally by connecting with community children and their families in so doing building relationships. We seek to integrate children and youth ministry into all phases of church life to create an intentionally intergenerational culture, by providing energetic, empowering activities and creating new ones. The position includes working in collaboration with the pastor and lay volunteers who minister to children.
To that end, we are looking for an intern/co-op student or a recent grad to organize, and provide leadership and assistance to children and youth, this may include Sunday School, Jr High youth events, and Sr. high events. Also, to explore opportunities to reach our community at Easter, Christmas, and through Summer Camp(s) i.e. VBS, Sports camp
At First Baptist, we are passionate about reaching the youth of our community with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Recruiting, developing, equipping, and training youth leaders
- To build relationships with children, youth, and their families within the congregation and greater community
- General oversight of Sunday morning children’s program and mid-week programming i.e. Jr. High event.
- The planning and organizing of special events such as Summer Camp, Christmas, Easter, etc.
- Building continuity within the church family, including community-building activities i.e. March Break
- Collaborate with the pastor in developing themes and identifying ministry opportunities.
- To provide opportunities for children and youth to live out their faith through participation in church services, community, and outreach.
- To develop a strategic plan to reach out to young adults.
- Together with other ministry teams and the leadership board collaborate on creating organizing and planning the church calendar.
Desired Qualities and skills
- A deep and growing relationship with Christ
- A heart and passion for children and youth ministry
- A demonstrated a heart for people, for building community and outreach
- Spiritual sensitivity and maturity
- Exceptionally strong relational skills and demonstrated effectiveness in collaborating with teams and leading teams.
- Strong biblical teaching skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner demonstrated initiative and is motivated.
- Candidate will have Theological Training
- Candidate must agree with our statement of faith and will demonstrate his/her sound biblical faith through their life and leadership