Church on the Rock
Experience the Adventure
Job Description: Media Arts Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Type: This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) with full benefits starting after a three-month probationary period. *Alternatively, we are open to filling this position with a co-op or internship student with the potential of it leading to a part-time or full-time position following the completion of the academic terms.
Location: This is hybrid position with work being completed at our Sunday morning location (Calvin Christian School), at our building (2149 Upper James) and at home.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Overview of the Organization:
Church on the Rock (COTR) is a vibrant, young at heart church passionate about reaching and transforming lives on the Hamilton Mountain. Our church is evangelical, Bible-based, pursuing the leading of the Spirit.
The media arts specialist collaborates with staff and volunteers in a wide range of COTR ministries to create excellent videos, graphics and creative content that supports and promotes our ministries both in-person and online. This will include broadcasting services and special events. It is expected that the media arts specialist will recruit, train and develop a team of volunteers who will support this work.
- Oversee and coordinate broadcasting on Sundays and for special events when needed.
- Oversee and contribute to content creation (video production, graphic design) in line with our branding policy.
- Recruit, lead and train volunteers who will aid in our broadcast, video production and graphics.
- Lead the creative team and ensure that the agreed outcomes will be implemented.
- Problem-solve broadcast issues, and work with staff to ensure excellence in our services online.
- Ensure we have the equipment needed for quality broadcasting and video production.
- Liaise with staff team members regularly at staff meeting and/or individually.
- Experience with leading and/or participating in team based vocational, educational or ministry activities.
- Experience on a production team is an asset.
- Experience in an administrative capacity in a vocational setting.
- Intermediate to excellent skills in event production (AV, Sound, Lighting etc.).
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with all levels of management, staff and volunteers.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently to the completion of projects.
- Very reliable with the ability to take initiative, define problems and recommend /implement solutions.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner, and work well in a busy environment.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to Church on the Rock’s Statement of Faith and Partnership Requirements.
- COTR considers its reputation with its church family and the broader public its greatest asset. Accordingly, employees are expected to be professional, competent, and ethical at all times. We expect all COTR staff to comply with COTR’s policies as introduced and administered during the course of their employment and to lead by example through seeking to abide by the spirit of our Partnership Requirements.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tina Caissie (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until the position(s) are filled.