Church on the Rock
Experience the Adventure
Job Description: Summer Camp Coordinator
Start Date: June 5, 2022
Type: The role is a full-time, temporary position of 35 hours per week on average but may vary from week to week, as needed. It is expected that you will manage the variability of this average work week. This contract is for a period of nine weeks from June 5–August 4, 2022.
Location: Church on the Rock, 1249 Upper James St, Mount Hope, ON.
Reports to: Summer Camp Director
Overview of the Organization:
Church on the Rock (COTR) is a vibrant, young at heart church passionate about reaching and transforming lives on the Hamilton Mountain. Our church is evangelical, Bible-based, pursuing the leading of the Spirit.
The summer camp coordinators, under the direction of the summer camp director, are responsible for working together to create a fun and engaging summer camp for kids in elementary school (Grades 1–5).
1. Planning for Summer Camp
- Planning and preparation of fun, engaging and age-appropriate programming for four weeks of summer camp.
- Plan for and implement onboarding, training and support of camp volunteers.
2. Implementing Summer Camp
- In collaboration with camp staff and volunteers, implement all pre-planned programming including craft, games, lessons, etc.
- Ensure all program supplies are available when needed.
- Work together to manage behaviour of campers, as needed.
- Participate in regular debriefs, celebrating wins and exploring opportunities for improvement with the rest of the camp staff team.
3. Summer Camp Administrative Support
- Assist families with registering campers, as needed.
- Work together to schedule / assign camp volunteers.
- Create / assign camper cohorts.
- Ensure expenses and income are accounted for within the camp budget.
- Book buses or trips (as/if needed).
- Experience working in a camp environment and/or a vocational setting is an asset.
- Experience with leading and/or participating in team-based vocational, educational or ministry activities.
- Experience with web/social media platforms in an organizational context is an asset.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate easily with all ages.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with all levels of management, staff and volunteers.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Very reliable with the ability to take initiative, define problems and recommend/implement solutions.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner, and work well in a busy environment.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to Church on the Rock’s Statement of Faith and Partnership Requirements.
- COTR considers its reputation with its church family and the broader public its greatest asset. Accordingly, employees are expected to be professional, competent, and ethical at all times. We expect all COTR staff to comply with COTR’s policies as introduced and administered during the course of their employment and to lead by example through seeking to abide by the spirit of our Partnership Requirements.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tina Caissie (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until the position(s) are filled.