Are you looking for an opportunity to support a dynamic organization and make a difference? CityKidz is seeking a positive, energetic and confident individual with a passion for seeing children and youth reach their dreams to help achieve our mission. The ideal candidate is one who thrives in a team environment, can adapt to change and has experience working with kids.
In Canada, 1 in 5 children is growing up below the poverty line. For generations, poverty has stolen dreams and destroyed futures. At CityKidz, we think it’s time to change that, and we’re looking for committed people who will work with us to help kids dream big dreams and reach their full potential. CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
The Program Intern is responsible for supporting in CityKidz Saturdays, assisting in Home Visits to our families, assist in CityYouth program, supporting with implementing our summer programming and supporting in an administrative capacity for volunteer intake.
This person will be working closely with other members of the Programs Team.
Working alongside the Coordinator of CityKidz Connects, to assist in preparing activities for Saturday Team Time for volunteers.
During our CityKidz Saturdays, assist on a bus team, building relationships with children and other volunteers.
Working alongside the Coordinator of Volunteer Development, assisting to organize the intake process of new volunteers, including but not limited to orientation scheduling, phone reference checks and follow up of new and current volunteers.
Complete home visits with another volunteer to CityKidz children in a neighbourhood 1-2 afternoons a week.
Other responsibilities as assigned
Days for this role: combination of any of these days and times and makes up 15-24 hours a week; Tuesday 8:30-4:30, Wednesday 9:00 – 5:00pm, Friday 8:30-4:30, Saturday 8:00-4:00pm
Qualifications and Demonstrated Skills:
· Comfortable working in a faith-based organization.
· Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
· Strong administration skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
· Excellent organization, task, and time management skills.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Must have initiative and the ability to follow through with supervision.
· Ability to make positive connections and relationships with volunteers
· Ability to work collaboratively with teams, staff, and volunteers.
· Preference to Valid G Class driver’s license and regular access to transportation.
What We Provide:
· An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team where you will be able to develop your skills and increase your knowledge of the profession.
CityKidz is committed to an inclusive, equitable, accessible workplace, and welcomes applications from racialized communities, persons with disabilities, members of minority groups, and all who reflect the diversity of our community. CityKidz accommodates the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process.
Thank you for your interest in CityKidz and please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz please visit www.citykidz.ca