University Student Co-op Position (starting January 2022)
Application deadline is October 2, 2022
CLAC has a full-time, eight-month Co-op placement opportunity. This is available for a university-level student who is enrolled in a university Co-op Program, returning to full-time studies, and is interested in one or more of the following areas – Human Resources, Finance, Research, and Labour Relations.
Job duties will focus on various functional areas outlined below.
· Supporting HR and payroll projects and initiatives
· Assisting with recruitment processes, including creating job postings as necessary
· Gaining exposure to working in an accounting system
· Processing payments and assisting with reconciliations, budgets, and periodic activities
· Responding to research assignments and inputting data into research databases
· Research for projects with various departments
Supporting representatives in negotiations, conflict resolution, labour-management meetings, organizing, and special projects
Creating and managing online surveys
· Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Positive Attitude
· Demonstrable organizational and administrative skills
· Ability to prioritize and work independently
· Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and SharePoint
Term and Compensation:
This is a contract position, beginning January 2023 until end of August 2023. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. The candidate must have access to a reliable automobile. Mileage is paid and expenses are reimbursed.
The position would primarily be at our Cambridge Member Centre.
Student positions are part of CLAC’s recruiting strategy. Due to growth, CLAC regularly has staff openings in its offices across Canada. A successful student job may lead to future full-time employment with CLAC following completion of studies.
How to Apply:
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume to Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 2, 2022.
Formed in 1952, CLAC is a national union representing over 60,000 workers in almost every sector of the economy. Based on values of respect, dignity, and fairness, CLAC is committed to building better workplaces, better communities, and better lives. CLAC is an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
Application Deadline: October 2, 2022
Approximate Start Date: January 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.