Grant Writer & Reporting Specialist
Department: Programmatic & Philanthropic Engagement (within Partner Relations)
Location: Remote or Hybrid
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Deadline for resumes: November 30, 2022
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
The Grant Writer and Reporting Specialist (GWRS) will write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience with responding to proposal calls and has a joy for writing with attention to accuracy and detail. They are a highly organized, detail-focused professional who will identify prospects, submit applications, and complete reporting for government, foundations and corporate funders.
They will focus on researching grant opportunities, writing compelling grant proposals to acquire funding, and working with our Programs and Philanthropy team to ensure grant proposals and reports are prepared in a timely manner. They will also coordinate details with other departments to ensure all project timelines and reporting requirements are met.
Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Agree with Compassion Canada’s core documents, including a Statement of Faith,
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace,
- Participate in regular Staff Gatherings which include spiritual practices like worship, Scripture reading, and prayer,
- Pray with staff or supporters when requested or deemed appropriate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the execution of the department’s strategy,
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization,
- Identify grant funding opportunities including from government, foundations and corporations,
- Develop high-quality grant submissions including all required documents (proposals, reports, budgets, and correspondence),
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of potential foundation partnerships through ongoing prospecting activities,
- Maintain grants calendar for submission and reporting,
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents,
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals/reports,
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals,
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel,
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources,
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English,
- Strong people skills,
- Exceptional organizational skills,
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field,
- 2+ years of grant writing experience.
- To be self-motivated, proactive, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Received: Director of Programmatic and Philanthropic Engagement
External: Donors, Government, Businesses,
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.