Follow Jesus. Love God. Love People.
Creekside is a growing, energetic church whose mission is to Follow Jesus, Love God and Love People. Launched in 1989, the church offers two worship services at the Waterloo campus and one service at the Kitchener campus on Sunday mornings. We also stream Sunday services on our online campus. Creekside is a team-led, culturally relevant and attractional church. The Waterloo campus is situated on 34 acres in northwest Waterloo and the Kitchener campus is located in Southeast Kitchener in a leased plaza. We believe that the use of media and technology can allow us to connect with people in unique and creative ways. If you are passionate about leveraging leading edge technology to share the Gospel, love working with teams, and are comfortable developing multimedia pieces that speak to the times and culture we live in, read on.
We are seeking a DIRECTOR OF TECH MINISTRIES who can…
– build, train and lead teams of people to provide exceptional multimedia,
– maintain alignment with Creekside’s vision and values when it comes to technical and multimedia ministries,
– have the personality and skills necessary to juggle all these responsibilities at the same time.
Position Description – Director of Tech Ministries Position Title: Director of Tech Ministries
Coach: Paul Williams, Communications Pastor
Direct Reports: Video Team Lead, Sound Team Lead, Lighting Team Lead, Online Team etc.
Teams: Service Planning Team, Tech Teams
The Director of Tech oversees all technical and media equipment for all related ministries across all Campuses of Creekside Church. The Tech Director is responsible for maintaining and building teams of volunteers to operate and care for the relevant equipment across all campuses. This is a full-time salaried position with a work week that includes Sundays.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Proficiency in sound and video production.
2. Experience with video editing.
3. Advanced live sound mixing (analog and digital), excellent working knowledge of microphone theory and sound system design, extensive experience mixing sound for contemporary music styles in challenging acoustic environments.
4. A working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
5. An understanding of Audio DAW systems.
6. Knowledge and expertise in the use of ProPresenter version 7.
7. Working knowledge of Video systems, switchers, and mixers for multiple camera feeds.
8. A level of expertise in stage lighting and systems such as HOGG / MagicQue.
9. Proficient in both MAC/ PC operating systems.
10. Able to manage time and schedules well and meet deadlines consistently.
11. Capable of handling several tasks at once and following through with accurate and strong organizational skills.
12. Innovative, creative, self-starting, able to work with & motivate volunteers, and work with a team.
13. Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and communicate with volunteers and team members.
14. Committed to the mission and core values of Creekside Church.
Campus Wide Duties
- Gives oversight and support to all tech needs for all campuses.
- Purchase, maintain and improve all technical equipment.
- Maintain all stages to a professional level as determined with the Worship Pastor.
- Support and maintain all computer systems for the tech needs of all ministries.
- Provide tech support to all ministries such as Kids, Youth, Adults, etc. through training and other resources.
- Attend the weekly Service Planning Meeting and work with the Service Planning Team in planning weekend services and special events.
- Oversee all the video streaming production for the weekend service and other appropriate services. I
- In cooperation with the Communications Pastor, record, edit and prepare the weekend service video elements.
- Assist in the video production as schedule allows.
- Manage the media inventory, library etc., and archive all media.
- Other duties as required.
Waterloo Campus Duties
- Recruit, train, lead and encourage volunteers to serve on Creekside’s Technical Teams for Waterloo Campus (Sound, Lighting, Video, Video Production, etc.)
- Schedule all tech volunteers for all weekly and special events as needed for Waterloo Campus. This includes Sunday services, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Work with service directors each Sunday.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, send us your resumé and convince us.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title “Director of Tech”
Posting Deadline: June 30, 2023