Effect Hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada)
We are looking for a talented Donor Services & Office Associate to join our team and provide exceptional service to our donors and employees. If you have proven skills in customer service, database and office administration – preferably within the charity sector – we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Donor Services and Data Manager, you will be a frontline representative of the organization, as you build and steward our relationships with donors and volunteers. You will bring experience and knowledge about working with fundraising and/or customer relationship management databases. This role requires a highly organized individual with the capacity to manage multiple tasks in a collaborative team environment.
About Effect Hope
Effect Hope is a Canadian Christian global health organization. For more than 130 years, we have been partnering with other organizations to strengthen healthcare systems across Africa and Asia. We are Canada’s only global health organization focused exclusively on Neglected Tropical Diseases, including leprosy. As followers of Jesus, we are called to serve people who are affected by disease, disability and discrimination. Effect Hope has been recognized by Charity Intelligence Canada as a “Top Ten Impact Charity” and a “Top Ten International Impact Charity.”
Overview of the Role
In this role you will be responsible for providing exceptional donor support and donation processing via offline and online channels. You will play an important role in our desired outcome of retaining and acquiring donors. Primary areas of focus will be on processing donations, tax receipts, inbound and outbound phone calls, and providing timely donor acknowledgement letters. You will also be responsible for front desk/reception area duties, including maintenance of common areas, office supply inventory, and processing correspondence. This is a full-time position.
What We Offer
At Effect Hope, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also offer a lot in return.
· Benefits: A competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and matching pension plan
· Location: This role is primarily an in-office role. Our office is located in Markham with easy access to highways and transit.
· Teamwork: You will have frequent daily interactions with other team members and partners via email, group chats, video conferences and in the office.
· Community: Fellowship and pray with your colleagues and be encouraged in your faith.
· Career Development and Mentoring: We are a Christian organization with experienced and thoughtful leaders committed to investing their time to grow and develop others.
What You Bring to the Role
· Undergraduate or a 2-year related post-secondary diploma program (e.g., Business, fundraising, etc.)
· A minimum of 4-5 years’ related experience in Donor or Customer Service
· Management/Office Administration
· Working experience in Raiser’s Edge and NXT software is required
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, web-based applications and payment services
· Experience working with ImportOmatic or other import/export software solutions is an asset
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Critical thinking, demonstrated accuracy and keen attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills, and the ability to manage changing priorities and multiple requests simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a collaborative member of a team
· A commitment to the mandate of Effect Hope and Christian ethics
The selected candidate must be willing to commit to our Vision, Mission and values. Effect Hope is a Christian mission with a donor base that is primarily of the Christian faith. Candidates must be comfortable with this position and be willing to work in this environment with a broad range of Christian perspectives.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org.