The Volunteer Director will support all aspects of Camp Forward volunteers, including planning and running Youth Leadership Camp.
They are part of a Camp Forward team who will build and implement a plan for the Camp Forward ministry for summer of 2024.
This individual must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and privacy in their work.
· Must agree in belief and practice with the Articles of Faith, Covenant of Membership, and Lifestyle Statement of Forward Church (Section II of Church Bylaws).
· Must be able to sign and abide by the Engagement Agreement & Conduct (Section IV 18.01 of Church Bylaws).
· Must be able to teach and/or identify teaching materials consistent with the Articles of Faith and Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Strategic plan of the church.
· The Volunteer Director is accountable to the Director of Camp Forward.
· All camp volunteers
· Working with the Children’s Ministry Support and Connections Director to ensure all staff are screened properly before camp
· Creating and implementing one session of Youth Leadership Camp that runs two weeks and volunteer training
· Recruiting and scheduling volunteers
· Working with the other Camp Forward Directors to ensure the camps work in tandem and cooperatively
· Leading volunteer meetings and training
· Ensuring all volunteers are equipped with what they need to be a leader at Camp Forward
· Showing ongoing volunteer appreciation, including through volunteer socials
· Ensuring that all volunteers are in an appropriate leadership position
· Ensuring that all volunteers reporting to them are physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually cared for
For more information including start date, hours and how to apply please go to https://forwardchurch.ca/join-our-team/
To apply for this job please visit forwardchurch.ca.