Position Title: Fund Development Manager
Position Reports to: The Executive Director
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary Range: $60,000–$70,000 plus benefits
Posted on: Monday, December 23, 2022
Closing Date: Friday, January 20, 2023
About the Henri Nouwen Society
The Society is a registered charity based in Toronto with additional offices in St. Louis Missouri. Our core
purpose is to share Henri Nouwen’s spiritual vision so that people can be transformed through
experiencing themselves as God’s beloved. We achieve this purpose through publishing, promoting, and
preserving Nouwen’s rare and powerful voice.
The Fund Development Manager will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the
Communications & Administration Coordinator to facilitate the development, execution and evaluation of
all efforts to increase and maintain financial support for the Henri Nouwen Society. This position focuses
on donor relationship management and securing funding for HNS operations, special projects, events,
and outreach activities from Canadian and US charitable foundations. In addition, the role involves
helping to coordinate and execute all aspects of various online and in-person events planned by the
Henri Nouwen Society.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fund Development (75%)
● Collaborate with Executive Director and Fund Development Committee to craft the annual Fund
● Execute and oversee Individual Giving Programs and Planned Giving strategies
● Research and identify prospective foundation supporters
● Develop grant proposals and LOIs and manage application and reporting processes
● Collaborate on HNS communications related to fund development
● Identify and monitor key donor and donation-based data
Event Management (15%)
● The Fund Development Manager in conjunction with the Executive Director and the
Communications & Administration Coordinator will support all aspects of pre-planning, on-site,
and post-planning activities for Henri Nouwen Society events, including:
○ Event planning: Program development, budget research and preparation, volunteer
recruitment, speaker/presenter liaison, logistics
○ Event promotion: Develop and execute promotion plans, direct design of promotional
materials, write promotional content as needed, develop targeted distribution lists,
manage registration process
○ Event execution: Onsite logistics, troubleshoot day-of-event issues, volunteer coordination
○ Event follow-up: Develop and deploy participant surveys, prepare wrap-up reports,
summaries, evaluations, create final financial report, send thank you to participants, key
vendors, and partners
Other Duties (10%)
● Provide vacation coverage for the Communications & Administration Coordinator, including
eTapestry data entry updates, Constant Contact updates, fulfilling online book orders, monitoring
and responding to admin email as needed, answering the phone, collecting the mail, processing
donations and income.
● Assist the Executive Director and the Communications & Administration Coordinator with any
tasks/duties that may arise in order to facilitate the smooth operations of the Henri Nouwen
● Experience working in the nonprofit sector, including three to five years of fundraising experience.
● Working knowledge of the industry and experience organizing events and conferences.
● Some knowledge and/or interest in Nouwen and Christian spirituality.
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to represent the Society in a
friendly and professional manner.
● Highly organized with ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
● Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
● Familiarity with eTapestry and/or other equivalent fundraising database.
● Must be self-motivated and adept at problem solving.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a high level of efficiency in all conditions.
● Professional disposition to work well as part of a team.
● Good judgment and independent decision-making skills, providing recommendations that will
lead to successful outcomes.
● A proven ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
● Location: Toronto
● This is a full-time permanent position of 37.5 hours per week. Hybrid option available to be
reviewed on an ongoing basis.
● Occasional overtime required. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (as a single pdf file) to HR@henrinouwen.org by
Friday, January 20, 2023