Hope Mission Summer Camps
Building Lives Worth Living
The Camp Nurse functions to evaluate and treat campers and team members for minor injuries and illnesses, oversee the administration of medications, and keep accurate records of all related interactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluate and treat campers and staff for minor injuries and Illness
· Oversee the administration of medications to campers and team members
· Maintain accurate records of camper medications and all treatment given and medications administered
· Communicate any camper health issues and/or concerns with parents and camp leadership
· Assist in transporting campers/staff to nearby medical facilities if needed
· Monitor cleanliness, hygiene, and health of campers and team members
· Attend team trainings, meetings, Bible studies, prayer meetings, and team functions
· Attend certain cabin activities whenever possible to support cabin leaders and build relationships with campers
· Participation in janitorial and basic maintenance duties as trained and assigned
· Leadership: Lead through serving. Ability to provided direction and insight for health related issues.
· Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety or people
· Team Work: Active participation in staff meetings and functions. Serve, strengthen, and uplift other team members.
· Faithful, Available, and Teachable: Serve with faithfulness and excellence. Be consistent in work and willing to grow in character and skill. Be willing and ready to serve, strengthen, and uplift people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
· Current First Aid and CPR certification is required
· Completion of second year of nursing training or equivalent is preferred
· Experience administering medication and tracking/recording
· Experience with record keeping or administrative work
· Ability to remain calm under pressure, maintain confidentiality, and communicate effectively with kids and parents
· Our team members must express an unconditional love for underprivileged kids, demonstrating acceptance and
Class 5 Drivers License
Being a Christian Organisation, we require our employees to agree and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
Please Apply Online at: https://hopemission.wufoo.com/forms/z1s9b2631ppyh5s/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit hopemission.wufoo.com.