InterVarsity Circle Square Ranch Grand River
Looking for people interested in serving God in a camp setting.
In concert with the purpose of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship of Canada: the transformation of youth, students, and graduates, in all their ethnic diversity, into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ, the Food Service Assistant will work alongside our Food Service Coordinator and the volunteer kitchen staff team.
In this position, you will bring your passion to see the transformation of campers by serving in our food service department, during our spring group rental and summer camp season.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Food preparation
- Maintaining kitchen standards
- Assisting with menu planning/ordering
- Supervision of staff and parent volunteers
Additionally in the summer season (July-August)
- Assist with volunteer staff management.
- Assist with dining hall management.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent interpersonal skills (positive attitude)
- Customer service experience (preferred)
- Physical demands include lifting and carrying 50lb sacks, moving and lifting heavy pots and pans and standing for long periods.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Kitchen and/or camp experience preferred but not necessary.
- Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours.
Contract Start Date: Flexible (on or Before June 21st, 2024)
Contract End Date: August 30th, 2024.
Pre camp schedule: (typically) Tuesday-Saturday, with some Sunday mornings required.
Camp Schedule: Sunday 2pm – Friday 8pm.
Room and board is included in compensation.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to Julia Griffin, Director of Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Circle Square Ranch Grand River, please visit our website at: www.csranchgrandriver.ca
Employment is conditional upon a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening. The successful candidate must be able to affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith Agreement, and our Behavioural Guidelines. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.