Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us.
Junior Environmental Data Management Specialist – ( 2200037R )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Environmental Data Management Specialist to join our dynamic Environmental Services team in Waterloo, Stoney Creek, Markham, London, or Ottawa, ON.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work on a wide variety of environmental projects on sites located locally, across North America, and internationally
- Manage and organize laboratory, field, spatial and geological data to ensure quality and consistency
- Prepare and generate tables, graphs and other deliverables using SQL queries, MS Excel, MS Access or other related tools.
- Perform environmental database related reporting and analysis queries in support of regulatory submittals
- Actively communicate and coordinate with project managers, laboratories, and/or other team members to acquire data packages of varying formats to be imported to a centralized database system
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with EarthSoft EQuIS and/or MS Access and/or SQL Server, with a strong understanding of database relationships
- Experience using and understanding Federal/Provincial/Municipal/State regulatory guidelines
- Strong skills in problem-solving and trouble-shooting
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities, with ability to self-manage priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks as needed to meet multiple project deadlines and deliverables
- Attention to detail is essential
Education and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Geography or related field, or a certificate/diploma in Database Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Geography or related field
- One to Three years of data management experience in the environmental or analytical chemistry sector
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Job : Environmental Scientist
Organization : BC-1221 Environmental Services-ER-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 21, 2022, 6:50:06 AM
Req ID: 2200037R
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
To apply for this job please visit stantec.taleo.net.