Calling all change-makers, advocates, innovators, and allies!
We value diversity and hire Transitional Support Professionals (TSPs) from all backgrounds.
At Karis Disability Services, we value people, foster belonging, respect gifts and serve others.
TWO PERMANENT FULL-TIME (35-40 hours/week)
TRANSITIONAL SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
The Transitional Support Professional assists with activities of daily living and promotes life development as outlined in person centered plans. This is done through collaboration with their team, families, advocates, friends, and community partners. As part of the clinical duties, the Transitional Support Professional may be required to provide reports on clinical interventions. They liaise with clinical professionals, collect appropriate data, and actively carry out appropriately prescribed programs & treatments to address the clinical, behavioural and/or mental health needs of people supported by Karis Disability Services. They complete administrative duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
This position requires considerable physical interventions involving frequent bending, turning, twisting, and kneeling in response to crisis behaviour; extensive experience in supporting persons through applied behaviour management techniques are a part of this role, and the employee must demonstrate the ability to respond effectively and calmly in crisis situations through various verbal de-escalation and physical interventions. The successful candidate(s) will work within protocols and training to respond to behavioural needs/incidents as needed. Demonstrating initiative by anticipating and preparing for problems, they will solve problems and make decisions creatively while understanding that problems may be multi-dimensional.
Watch this inspiring video capturing what it means to work for Karis Disability Services: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPsgxzt4wQ
Why Should You Apply?
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement, career development, and training opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Minimum one year experience in Developmental Services
- Developmental Service Worker Diploma or Apprenticeship, Child and Youth Care Diploma (CYC) preferred or related education
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Access to reliable transportation
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Shifts can include days, afternoons, evenings, alternating weekends, and occasional overnights.
- First Aid/CPR and Safe Management crisis intervention certification
- Knowledge of the Ontario Justice System
Our Hiring Process:
- Resume and cover letter submitted, followed by completion of short screening survey
- Video recorded interview (link sent by email) and references requested
- Realistic job preview at location, and meeting with the hiring manager
Karis Disability Services seeks to hire a workforce that represents the diversity of the communities where we serve. We are committed to promoting communities of belonging where Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour feel valued, respected, represented, and heard. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from members of groups with historical or current barriers to equity. We seek to provide accessibility through all stages of the hiring process for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our Accessibility Policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.