Mea Centre: Pregnancy Support Services
Offering support, education, respect and hope
Are you searching for meaningful work and have a desire to be involved in a life affirming, Christ centered ministry? Do you have a passion for reaching young women? Then consider the position of Client Services Director.
Mea Centre is seeking someone for the position of Client Services Director to cover an 18-month maternity leave. Must have good interpersonal skills, be compassionate, able to handle the challenging situations of clients, able to problem solve and have a passion for pro-life ministry.
The applicant will be in charge of client services. Preference will be given to those with a Nursing, Counselling, or Social Work background, but all are invited to apply. Training provided.
For a complete job description and further information on the position please email email@example.com.
CLIENT SERVICES DIRECTOR
Objective of the position: To reach out to clients in an unplanned pregnancy with the mercy and compassion of Jesus Christ by offering practical assistance in both word and action. The Client Services Director is responsible for all client services and programming as well as assisting the director with day to day operations of the Centre.
Reports to: The Executive Director
Supervises: All Volunteer Staff
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
2. Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity
3. Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of the center
4. Be able to respect and keep information confidential
5. Be dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments
6. Exhibit a sincere desire to reach out with the love of Jesus to people in distress
7. Excellent interpersonal skills to train and supervise volunteers, work with clients and influence the general public.
8. Be able to identify and adjust to a client’s pace of progress and growth
9. Be familiar with scripture pertaining to the sanctity of life, forgiveness, and salvation
10. Complete all on-the-job training including the volunteer training
11. Strong public speaking skills.
12. Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, and support to the volunteers.
13. Be self-motivated, able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
I. Client Care
1. Provide crisis intervention support for each client in an atmosphere of warmth and compassion through listening and other helping skills
2. Provide support to clients over the phone, in-person, online, through email or by text
3. Provide after hours support by phone/text using the Centre’s cell phone as needed
4. Provide accurate information on abortion
5. Provide information on parenting, adoption, and foster care
6. Be able to offer STI teaching when needed and know where to refer for STI testing
7. Be able to offer spiritual counseling as well as being comfortable praying with clients
8. Follow all policies and procedures regarding intake, helpline, and in-office duties
9. Offer support, material resources, and referrals appropriate to a client’s situation
10. Look for teachable moments with a client in order to share the love of Jesus and His plan of salvation
11. Appropriately follow-up clients according to the policies and guidelines of the center
12. Keep up-to-date on statistics and information relating to pregnancy, abortion, and adoption through volunteer staff meetings, magazines, journals, and newspaper articles
13. Maintain all client records as indicated in center policies and guidelines (charting)
14. Prepare pregnancy tests for clients
15. Maintain the baby room by keeping it neat and tidy in coordination with the Admin
16. Keep the shelves in the baby room stocked with diapers and formula
17. Make sure there is enough new items for our new mom’s newborn gift bag
18. In the spring, winter clothes need to be removed from shelves and stored in storage bins and the spring clothes put on the shelves, then in the fall the opposite needs to be done
19. Sort through items donated to the Centre
20. Keep ‘Client Needs and Donated Items’ sheet up to date
21. Communicate with other agencies in the community on behalf of a client, i.e. lawyers, doctors, social workers, nurses
22. Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries/agencies that meet client needs.
1. Oversee programs run by the Centre. This includes on-site and off-site client programming. Current programs include:
a. Parenting Class/Mom’s Group – Plan and run a mom’s group or parenting class. Contact guest speakers, prepare snack and activities, contact women to attend
b. Prenatal Classes – help clients register for prenatal classes, inform prenatal instructor of any special circumstances
c. Post-Partum Support
d. Men’s Program
e. Post-Abortion Support
f. Post-Adoption Support
g. Grandmother’s Heart
h. Refresh Parenting at Quinte Detention Centre
i. Other programs as they are established
2. Keep teaching material up to date.
3. Oversee staff and volunteers running programs. Make sure that needs are being met of the staff, volunteers and that clients attending.
4. Make sure accurate records are kept and statistics are recorded properly.
III. Administration & Development
1. Attend staff meetings
2. Provide input to the E.D. in coordinating a yearly calendar for the ministry and implementation of special events.
3. Provide input to the E.D. for the production of long and short-term objectives to accomplish the goals of the Centre.
4. Assist the E.D. by making applications for financial grants and direct mail pieces and newsletters each year.
5. Assist the E.D. with major fundraising events.
6. Write letters for newsletter if needed
7. Help keep Centre clean and tidy.
8. Write blogs for website as needed.
1. Assist the E.D. in teaching volunteer training seminars.
2. Oversee all volunteers
3. Coordinate with other staff work to be assigned to volunteers each shift
4. Assist E.D. with ongoing training of volunteers
5. Mentor peer support volunteers in their spiritual growth and peer support activities.