Mission Thrift Store - Cobourg
Full Time Manager at Mission Thrift Store Cobourg, Ontario
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with over 50 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult and children’s literacy programs, church planter training and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
As a result of the upcoming retirement of Sharon Bridge, our much esteemed and loved Store Manager, Mission Thrift Store Cobourg is currently seeking a full-time Manager who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The ideal candidate will have strong relational qualities, be able to train and lead volunteers to effectively operate the store. The Manager needs to be vibrant, passionate and have an entrepreneurial spirit. The right candidate must understand the needs and wants of a thrift store customer and deliver exceptional customer service, understand inventory control, pricing, health and safety regulations, delegating, motivating, marketing and financial management. Since our store opened in 2015, and then expanded to 15,000 sq. ft., Cobourg Mission Thrift Store has contributed over $800,000.00 to the BFM/BLC Joint Ministry.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work or volunteer for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include but is not limited to opening in prayer at Mission Thrift Store Board and/or Staff Meetings, Mission Thrift Store events, BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand retail sales, leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations;
- Understand all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, etc.;
- Experience in human resources management;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication
Experience: Management experience in a retail setting; experience with non-profit/ voluntary sector would be considered an asset.
Location: Cobourg is a lakeside community (population 20,500) located on the north shore of Lake Ontario halfway between Toronto and Kingston. Cobourg has been recognized multiple times by MoneySense Magazine as “One of Canada’s Best Places to Live” in populations under 25,000. You’ll find our Town a great place to not only live, but to work and raise a family.
Working Conditions: The Manager will be working in a retail / office environment and would be responsible for the thrift store operation, which includes assigning and monitoring a team of volunteers. The Manager will be required to work days, some weekends, and must be available to attend regular Board meetings with the Directors.
Salary Expectations: Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of Mission Thrift Store Cobourg, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit your resume by January 15, 2023 by email to email@example.com.
*Full Job Description available upon request
BFM (Cobourg) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.