Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC)
Contact Person: David Lai, Chair of the MCBC Pastoral Search Committee
Address: 5220 Creekbank Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 1X1
MCBC is a dynamic church in the Greater Toronto Area constituted with English, Cantonese, and Mandarin congregations. There are approximately 150 regular attendees in the English congregation of diverse cultures, including youths in high school, university students and young adults.
We are seeking a Pastor who:
● Exhibits a passion for God and has a Christ-like Spirit;
● Has a heart and calling for youth and young adult ministry;
● Demonstrates leadership, maturity and the ability to work in a team;
● Responds effectively to the needs of youths and young adults in the church;
● Teaches and nurtures the flock effectively with the word of God and lives a life consistent with his/her teachings, therefore being a Godly role model;
● Equips and empowers our young leaders and develops new leaders; and
● Reaches out to a multi-cultural community in new and meaningful ways in response to the Great Commission of Christ and makes more disciples.
Qualified candidates should have graduated from an evangelical seminary of good standing, with at least a Master of Divinity degree. Applicants shall be in agreement with generally held Baptist beliefs, and have minimum 2 years of full time pastoral/Christian ministry experience in North America, as well as previous church ministry experience. Experience in youth and young adults ministry, knowledge of Chinese culture or cross-cultural ministry work would be an asset.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Providing spiritual leadership and guidance to the youth and young adults through preaching God’s message and teaching God’s Word;
● Participating fully in the team work of the pastoral staff and serving cooperatively with the pastoral team under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, or in his absence, having mutual accountability with the other pastors forming the Pastoral Council, and ultimately reporting to the Deacon Board;
● Taking charge of specific ministries as assigned by the Pastoral Council and/or Deacon Board;
● Supporting the English Worship Service together with the English Worship Chair, making the gospel plain, clear and relevant to people’s lives;
● Providing guidance to fellowship committees and small groups where appropriate;
● Building up the spiritual lives of believers through mentorship, visitation and personal counseling where appropriate; and
● Working with parents of the youth to facilitate a family-oriented ministry.