*** THIS IS A VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY ***
Please apply by visiting https://nankind.com/volunteer/become-a-volunteer-angel/
How you can help?
* Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
* Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a parent’s cancer treatment and recovery.
* Two (2) hours of childcare service per week to the same family.
Make a Difference in a Child’s life, Become a Virtual Volunteer Angel! #ff6699
Do you want to support families living with cancer? Are you willing to commit 2 hours of virtual support per week to a child in need? Join Nankind as we lessen the impact of cancer on families through our virtual support programs.
Nankind offers rewarding volunteer positions for those who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families.
Virtual Volunteer Angels provide childcare support for parents who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care, and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period to help reduce any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to their parent’s illness or death.
By meeting weekly, building trust, and having fun, our Angels help parents gain the confidence and peace of mind to rest or attend medical appointments, knowing their children are cared for and supported by knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers.
Our Angels receive specialized training and the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.
How to apply
1. Please apply by visiting https://nankind.com/volunteer/volunteer-programs/
2. Click on “Apply Now”.
3. Complete the application then submit.
* Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Police Information Check.
* Must have about 100 hours of experience providing childcare support (babysitting, teaching, tutoring, etc). Moms, Dads & Grandparents may qualify with family childcare experience.
* Must reside in Canada.
There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Angel!