North Burlington Baptist Church
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for providing opportunities for bridges to be built between North Burlington Baptist Church (NBBC) and the teens and families in the surrounding community, as part of the Family Ministries team. The successful candidate will also oversee aspects of NBBC’s media ministry, as part of the Worship Arts team.
Family Pastor (related to youth), Worship Arts Pastor (related to media), the pastoral team, and ultimately the church board and elders.
Requirements: The successful candidate will agree to NBBC’s statement of faith, our core values, lifestyles document and a police check and attend NBBC services, as able, and staff meetings when required. Strong computer skills and knowledge of social media are expected. Experience and education in youth ministry is an asset.
While this is a part-time position, weekend retreats and summer camp(s) may require additional work hours. Lieu time will be arranged to compensate.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- helping to plan and implement Wednesday night youth programs throughout the school year
- planning and running special youth events each month
- identifying leaders from within the group, and provide formal and informal mentorship opportunities
- communication with Youth Ministry volunteers
- assist with special events, such as Christmas presentation, movie nights, etc.
- updating website and social media platforms as directed by pastoral staff.
- regularly attendance at Sunday gathering.
Passions & Gifts
A Passion for:
• Reaching the community
• Seeing others grow, both in their personal lives and spiritually
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Understands group dynamics, recruits, motivates and able to obtain ongoing commitment of volunteers
• Demonstrated coaching/mentoring abilities
• Sets measurable goals and measures progress
• Solicits feedback for personal growth and development
• Ability to develop, lead and release teams
• Communicate ideas and concepts effectively to those who volunteer
• Organization and coordination abilities
• Ability to plan and manage own work/responsibilities and effectively collaborate with and utilize staff/volunteers to establish and meet ministry goals
• The faith to see what can be and the perseverance to see it through