Oasis Youth Care Programs
Transitional housing and support services for vulnerable youth
Oasis Youth Care Programs is a community-based organisation that exists to empower vulnerable and at-risk youth (16-25) from racialized communities around the Halton/Peel region to overcome barriers to adult independence by providing transitional support services in three main areas:
(1) Housing (2) Life Skills/Coaching and (3) Mentoring.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Officer plays a pivotal role in supporting the development and success of our organisation.
S/he has the primary responsibility of designing, planning and effectively implementing a robust youth transition program to include independent living skills training, referrals to community resources and mentorship opportunities.
As a secondary responsibility, the Program Officer works in collaboration with individuals and groups in the community to promote the ideals of our programs and develops strategies to build support for our organizational goals.
The Program Officer also manages and supervises Support Workers and volunteers that contribute to our Programs.
This position is a Full-Time 25 hours/week Contract position and requires flexibility for morning, evening and weekend shifts when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
A) Program Management
• Develops and coordinates the implementation, and evaluation of youth programs
• Ensures effective daily operations of the programs
• Connects with and works in partnership with community organizations
• Manages individual or group support programming
• Identify and report priorities needed for youth and support teams
• Determines the gaps in service delivery and recommends strategies for improvement
• Ensures that the programs and services are consistent with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Ensures that the programs and services are effective in meeting the needs of all youth in our program, and adhere to the organizational objectives of our Program
• Works collaboratively with other program staff
• Develops and maintains an awareness of services and programs for youth in the
region and refers clients when appropriate
• Ensures implementation of policies, and procedures and develops others if necessary
B) Administrative and Financial Management of Program
• Participates in creating the budget for programs in consultation with the Executive Director
• Monitors and manages program expenditures
• Researches funding opportunities and participates in the application for funding in cooperation with the Executive Director
• Organises data and program reports
• Ensures a safe filing system in accordance with the law for confidential documents related to staff and volunteers
C) Community Engagement
• Designs basic communications & marketing strategies for the organization in relation
to internal and external stakeholders.
• Creates and oversees community engagement events internally and externally,
including, presentations to relevant community organizations
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with relevant community agencies
Participation in teamwork
• Determines as part of the team the policies and objectives for all programs
• Actively participates in team meetings, professional development activities, staff
retreat and other Program activities
• Performs other relevant duties as may be required
• Post-Secondary qualification in Child & Youth Work, Social Work or equivalent in a related field
• Minimum of 2 years direct experience in program planning and development
• Capacity to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Capacity to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary team
• Strong ability to work independently with strong personal initiative
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency in English, written and oral
• Demonstrates an egalitarian philosophy and non-judgmental attitude (i.e.: sensitivity to diversity, poverty and minority issues)
• Strong computer skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule
• Able to provide a “Clear” or satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check
• Has a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license
Compensation: Flexible based on experience (Between $18-$22/hour)