Pioneer Camp Ontario
Position Title: Cook
Status/Type: Regular Full-Time (RFT)
Deadline: Start date flexible
Location: Port Sydney, ON
Salary & Benefits: Annual salary range: $34,632 – $41,718. Extended Health and Dental, Life, ADD and LTD, RRSP and, upon eligibility, matching RPP
Vacation: 15 days per annum
Pioneer Camp Ontario, located in Muskoka, is seeking to fill a permanent full-time Cook position. InterVarsity’s mission is to cultivate welcoming and witnessing communities that nurture growing faith in Jesus through the crucial years.
In alignment with this purpose, the Cook will translate their passion for introducing students to Jesus by provide a quality food service experience for our campers, guests and staff. The Cook is responsible for all aspects of working in a kitchen, including meal preparation, kitchen cleanliness, inventory and working with kitchen volunteers. This role requires flexibility in work hours. Early mornings, evenings and weekends are required.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to grow as a follower of Christ
- 2 years related experience in a commercial or camp kitchen environment
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail; creative and artistic talent
- Strong work ethic, customer service focused
- Ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances
- Current Food Handlers Certification
- Completion of or enrollment in a culinary program
- WHIMS and Health and Safety training
- Physical demands include lifting and carrying 50lb sacks, moving and lifting heavy pots and pans and standing for long periods of time
- Fun-loving and flexible attitude
Application Process: Interested applicants are invited to email a résumé and cover letter to Laurie Robb, Manager of Administration, email@example.com
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement documents (Statement of Faith, Vision and Aims and Community Covenant). Please note this position is open to people who are eligible to reside and work in Canada. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. No agencies please.