On-Campus Employment Job Posting
TITLE: Student Employee, Custodial
DESCRIPTION: The Redeemer Custodial Department strives to support the University in its mission to provide a scripturally directed university level of education by; providing a clean, safe and welcoming environment to all students, faculty, staff as well as guests with a servant’s heart. In this role, you will acquire time management skills to fulfill your responsibilities by being accountable to complete tasks according to expectations and timelines. You will learn to use tools and equipment to help you to perform your assigned tasks and responsibilities. You will also develop communication and interpersonal skills in this position. This position expects you to be willing and able to work up to ten hours per week. Training and work begins as early in September as possible and continues through to exams in April. No experience is required as full training will be provided to you as well as regular informal feedback.
- Cleaning and disinfecting classrooms, Labs, Auditorium, common areas, etc.
- Vacuum, sweep and wash floors
- Empty trash and recycling receptacles
- Clean windows
- Dusting, wiping and disinfecting surfaces (door handles, tables/desks, chairs, etc.)
- Set up & tear down for events as required
- Other assigned tasks from time-to-time
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Must be able to lift and move tables, desks & chairs
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Diligence in responding promptly to email and/or text is crucial
- Must be willing to work weekends to support events
- Must complete Health and Safety training
Position Reports to: Custodial and Housekeeping Supervisor
Submit Applications to: Gary Crosbie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expiry Date: Until positions are filled
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.