The Position: Applications are invited for a Summer Student Assistant to be shared between the Library and the Financial Services department. This is an excellent position for a Business student, putting the lessons learned in the classroom into practice. It is highly beneficial for a resume to include some library or business experience. In the past, we have been happy to be listed on job applications as a reference. This student works up to 37.5 hours per week from May to August, 8:30 to 4:30. A week of vacation may be taken. Library Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance at the Circulation desk, and cover for vacations.
- Shelve library materials, ensure they are in proper order, and assist with collection inventory.
- Perform physical processing, labelling and minor mending of damaged materials.
- Undertake other duties, as assigned.
Financial Services Responsibilities:
- Assist accounts receivable clerk and accounts payable clerk when workload is high and cover for vacations.
- Help with monthly reconciliations for internal use
- Help prepare audit schedules.
- Find any backup for external auditors and refile when they are finished.
- Help Student Accounts Supervisor record and reconcile student account billings for fall term.
- Record assets in a fixed asset tracking system.
- Enter manual journal entries into Colleague.
- Act as receptionist for the finance area.
- Shred one year’s worth of financial records, and bring one year’s worth to our archives.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required. Training will be provided on Colleague, Redeemer’s accounting software.
- Although not required, preference will be given to a business student with library experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including strong English oral and written skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to perform routine tasks with patience and precision
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Punctual, reliable, self-motivated, organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to cope with diverse tasks and be adaptable
- Access to a vehicle for trips to the bank on behalf of the finance department is preferred
- Physical ability to lift/move library materials and boxes up to 25 lbs.
If you have questions about the Financial Services aspects of the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the Library aspects of the position, please email email@example.com.