Redeemer University, Campus Services
Campus Services at Redeemer University offers summer job opportunities for Redeemer students. We hire several students over the summer to assist us with our Summer Accommodation and Conference Service Operations, and help them to gain valuable experience in:
- working in a dynamic, professional environment with an entrepreneurial focus
- time management, organization, and business communication
- delivering superior customer service
The students we hire are passionate about delivering great customer experiences, are detail-oriented, and are passionate about Redeemer! This work is often fast-paced and sometimes challenging. Campus Services Assistants are expected to be (professional), flexible, deal successfully (or confidently) with change and reflect a customer-service attitude. This is a full-time position for the months of May through August. This position includes a fair amount of evening and weekend work, including Sundays.
Description of Responsibilities: Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Greet visitors with a positive, helpful attitude. Process requests for accommodation reservations.
- Monitor and reply to inquiries in our reservations email account, email@example.com
- Return phone inquiries from individuals looking to make reservations in residence accommodations.
- Enter all details of reservations in Kx software and send confirmation emails to clients.
- Through Kx software, provide accommodation reminders and details to guests prior to arrival, as well as accommodations surveys after check out.
- Preparing sets of keys for groups, overnight guests and transitioning students.
- Coordinate housekeeping, check-in , key pick-up, payment, key return and check-out of overnight guests and conference guests.
- Routinely go to guest accommodations to ensure consistent level of inventory and to assess the state of the housing for optimal future client experience.
- Act as a resource for guests while they are on campus, providing tourism and other related information, and helping to troubleshoot any problems.
- Set heating/cooling programming on WiSuite software.
Conferences & Events
- Be familiar with event work orders and ensure event set-up requirements are ready prior to event organizers’ arrival (classroom inspections, posting signage, etc).
- When events are on campus, act as a point contact with the event organizer and communicate to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the event.
- Respond to all questions, inquiries and comments in a timely and professional manner.
- Direct inquiries and notify the correct individual of guest questions and concerns.
- Communicate with on-call staff as necessary during events.
- Provide AV support/troubleshooting to clients using classroom space on campus.
- Create, print and hang signage within the academic building and residences.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Be familiar with University grounds and resources, and the needs of summer conference guests.
- Sell tickets for events taking place on campus using the online ticket system, tickets.redeemer.ca.
- Other support as requested.
- Load campus cash onto OneCards using the webadmin software.
- Answer incoming calls with confidence and in a professional manner.
- Keep accurate records and distribute event notes at the end of each shift.
- Be responsible for the float and correctly balancing at the end of shift.
- Gather, print and organize Visitor Binders for guest accommodations.
- Distribute and ensure continuous stocking of Visitor Binders and Recruitment Packages to each guest accommodation.
- Greet and receive inquiries in a positive and courteous manner, in person, on the phone and via email.
- Perform assigned administrative duties.
- Distribute mail and packages.
- Problem solving.
- Lost and found – log and catalog all lost and found items and communicate with guests and other departments in order to match lost and found items with their owner.
- Maintain the front desk and work spaces in a neat and professional manner at all times.
- Respect confidentiality of guests, students and department paperwork.
- Complete key inventory of entire accommodation system before the first day of operations.
- Become proficient with KxConference and KxResidential.
- Special Projects & Portfolios as assigned.
- Other support as requested.
Qualifications: Current Redeemer students, in the business, marketing or communication programs are preferred, but not required.
Other requirements: An understanding of Redeemer University: mission, values, and Reformed Christian identity. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work independently. Respect and manage confidential information and situations. Demonstrated skills with personal computers, word processing, spreadsheets and aptitude for learning new software programs. ______________________________________________________________________ Position Reports to: Assistant Director, Campus Services
Expiry Date: until filled Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.