St. Paul's Bloor Street
St. Paul’s Bloor Street is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable and versatile Production Manager. Primary responsibility is for the overall technical production of all the services, both onsite and in person. This includes managing all aspects of the online worship services including livestreaming, recording and any post production needs. The Manager will also develop and manage roles for the Creative Arts team composed of volunteers and staff.
Creative Arts Team and Production Management
- Provide direction to team and technical support for both in-person and livestream services and systems
- Recruit, train, manage and direct the staff and volunteers of Creative Arts Team
- Coordinate with the senior leadership team to produce all services by attending weekly debrief and various planning meetings
- Coordinate and compile all components into a seamless livestreamed service, pre-recording components as needed
- Troubleshoot and make repairs in emergency situations of all the audio, lighting and video technology and arrange repairs as needed;
- Act as a backup for the Audio Technical Manager as needed
- Ensure all software and operating systems are updated on a regular basis
- Working with the Audio Technical Manager to monitor and maintain the Online Ministry system to ensure a smooth workflow especially during worship services
- Develop systems and deadlines related to video and technical elements of online service/presentations including recording, editing and post-production as needed
- Negotiate with external service providers for both new products and services as required
- Continually engage in producing excellent results while staying on schedule and within budget, while being aware of current and emerging technologies
Perform other related duties as required
Needs to have experience in audio and video production necessary including the following software and hardware:
o Avid S6L systems, Avid audio training, Dante and Creston systems
o ProTools audio digital audio for recording music and audio from services and live events
o ProPresenter software and applications.
o Blackmagic switchers, Universal Audio and Apple computers operating systems
In-house screens and projection technologies, lighting systems and control
Punctuality and reliability is a must with personal maturity and a willingness to serve.
Strong leadership skills, with excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work swiftly and efficiently, focusing on the tasks requiring to be completed.
Strong verbal/written communication skills
Willing to submit to Police background check
Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s.
- Part-time position available immediately with core hours: Sundays 8am – 2pm and Tuesday 9am – 5pm. There may be extended hours on occasions when required to meet the needs of the church services calendar. Over the year it would average out to 15 hrs/week.
- Salary Range: $30,000-32,500, plus benefits and contributory pension
St. Paul’s Bloor Street is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity to apply.
Under the Diocese of Toronto’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all employees of St. Paul’s Bloor Street are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 (if they are able to do so).
Please submit your resume and a letter stating why you want to work for a church to:
Bishop Jenny Andison
Rector (Lead Minister)
St. Paul’s Bloor Street, Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or at HR@stpaulsbloor.org (If applying via email, please put “Production Manager” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.