Student Assistant, Career Centre (on campus)
Come work with us:
Would you like to make a difference to the future success of Redeemer students? Employability, career readiness, and calling are the key themes as we support students in the Career Centre. This summer there is an opportunity for a Redeemer student with the right talents of helping people and working in a forward-thinking space.
What you may be asked to:
- Support the development of a marketing plan for 2023-24 Career Centre events
- Film and edit alumni interviews
- Edit and refine media content (i.e., videos, pictures, text)
- Test and provide feedback for the Job Ready modules
- Analyse alumni data
- Create social media content for students (Instagram, etc.)
- Review website and app content
What you need for success:
- Familiarity with using video recording equipment
- Video editing skills
- Time management and project management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps, particularly spreadsheets
- Professionalism in correspondence (written and oral)
Nice to have
- Strong analytical skills
- Photography skills
- Creative writing and wordsmithing skills
- An eye for design aesthetics
- Graphic design/arts experience
- Comfortable communicating with alumni
- Experience with creating engaging social media content
What’s in it for you?
Be part of a collaborative team environment to explore your possible career future, hone your media and communication skills, and build accomplishments that are highly transferable to a wide range of employment opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to flex your creative muscles.
The Student Assistant will provide administrative and creative support to the Career Centre team as we develop messaging and plan next year’s programs and events. The primary audience is our students but includes other stakeholders like the Career Centre’s community partners, experiential learning employers, and the broader Redeemer community.
Full time, 35 hours per week with opportunity for hybrid work schedule
Standard, on-campus student salary rate
Please submit your application through Hire Redeemer including your resume, a cover letter, and a recent transcript in one PDF file.