As Digital Marketing Specialist, you will be a key part of an exciting moment in Tearfund Canada’s
history. You will play an important role in a growing, dynamic international non-profit and will be
expected to give it your all, take initiative, and take Tearfund to new heights.
You will work directly with the director of marketing and external digital agencies to strategically grow
Tearfund Canada’s brand presence and donor base using digital marketing tactics such as Google search
ads, Display Ads, Organic and paid social media, SEO, and more. You will be involved in both lead
generation and conversions, helping grow our email program as well as working on appeals.
You have a strong understanding of current trends in digital and social media along with good technical
knowledge. Moreover, you are a creative problem solver, who can balance analytical insights with
creativity to produce amazing results.
As part of the internship, you will refine your skills and have a defined set of goals which will regularly be
evaluated. You will have weekly meetings with your supervisor to learn where you can improve your
expertise and be well positioned to meet future career goals.
Overview of Activities
● Build and maintain email nurture series to solicit donations and to convert one-time donors into
● Help expand Tearfund’s monthly email program to deepen relationships with donors based on
interests and analytical insights.
● Content management and creation for Tearfund Canada’s social media presence (Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube), ensuring up-to-date content that will grow Tearfund’s
brand awareness and donor base
● Monitor and proactively respond to online messages, comments and posts
● Proactively reach out to relevant social media influencers and icons to grow following, brand
awareness and donor base
● Use analytics (Google and Facebook) to evaluate results and identify opportunities for
● With the marketing director, expand and maintain Tearfund’s digital advertising including, but
not limited to, social media ads, display ads, SEO marketing, pay-per-click, Google Grants,
Youtube ads, lead generation and conversion
● Help maintain Tearfund Canada’s website including the creation of new landing pages,
uploading of resources, and overall improvement.
● Coordination with other members of the team and volunteer writers to maintain Tearfund blog
● Fully aligned with the vision, mission, and values of Tearfund Canada, including Statement of
Faith and Lifestyle Expectations
● 2+ years work experience in Digital Marketing / Social Media Marketing
● Completed (or working towards) a degree/diploma in marketing, digital marketing, business, or
● Proven ability in managing and growing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
● Experience creating and managing blog content
● Experience with CMS platforms (specifically WordPress)
● Experience in running email nurture campaigns to drive sales / donations
● Knowledgeable in Search Engine Optimization
● Experience with paid digital marketing (Facebook Ads, Google Ads) a plus
● Basic design capabilities using the Adobe Creative Suite or other tools
● Strong attention to detail
● A team player, but also able to work independently without supervision
● Works well under pressure and on tight deadlines
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Your cover letter should include a
1. Why you’re the right fit for this position
2. Your related education and experience
3. How you would integrate faith with this role