As Marketing Coordinator, you will be a key part of an exciting moment in Tearfund Canada’s history.
You will play an important role in a growing, dynamic international non-profit and will be expected to
give it your all, take initiative, and take Tearfund to new heights.
You will be involved in several diverse and important marketing projects throughout your term that will
invite new people to join Tearfund’s mission of ending extreme poverty. You will be involved in projects
such as Tearfund Sunday and Tearfund’s Climate Change campaign, which contain multiple components
including but not limited to content production, digital marketing, print marketing, and sales.
You will be involved in a dynamic and young team and be expected to think strategically, be actionoriented, and contribute individually and as a team player. As part of the internship, you will refine your
skills and have a defined set of goals to be evaluated regularly. You will have weekly meetings with your
supervisor to learn where you can improve your expertise and be well-positioned to meet future career
Overview of Activities
● Help coordinate and implement key Tearfund projects such as Tearfund Sunday, Tearfund’s
climate change campaign, as well as other lead generation projects
● Work with other members of the team such as the writer / storyteller and video specialist to tell
engaging stories that will nurture current donors and invite new ones to join Tearfund’s mission
● Work with the digital marketing specialist to drive traffic to Tearfund’s website for the purpose
of acquisition. This will involve tactics including organic social media, paid social, search
advertising, display and video advertising and other methods.
● Fully aligned with the vision, mission, and values of Tearfund Canada, including Statement of
Faith and Lifestyle Expectations
● A passion to learn about international development and Tearfund Canada’s mission
● Pursuing or graduated with a degree in Business or the humanities
● Proven track record of being highly motivated and driven.
● Relentlessly organized – able to create and adhere to tight project plans
● Able to get things done. Willing to roll-up sleeves and do what is needed. Will seek out the
answer if doesn’t know how to do something.
● Able to motivate and work with others to achieve tight deadlines.
● Creative yet analytical, being able to balance data with a good understanding of “how people
● Strong attention to detail and excellent writing and editing skills.
● A team player, but also able to work independently without supervision
● Overall knowledge about marketing concepts (4Ps, marketing funnel, etc…).
● Bonus: Experience in digital marketing tools such as mailchimp, google ads, Facebook ads,
google analytics, CMS (i.e. WordPress), etc…
To apply, please email us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should
include a description of:
1. Why you’re the right fit for this position
2. Your related education and experience
3. How you would integrate faith with this role