The Well Community Church
Helping people take their next step toward Jesus...together.
Worship Leader, The Well
The Worship Leader is primarily responsible for leading and building the Sunday morning worship experience.
At The Well, we exist to help people take their next step toward Jesus…together. Therefore, leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That’s why we need leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We want to help you become the person God made you to be.
Our desire is for The Well Worship Team to inspire and move people toward Christ by creating spiritual experiences through music, story-telling and biblical truth. The Well uses musical expression to help people learn how to worship. It’s often the first part of a service that people experience and gives them time to reflect on what’s happening around them and what God is inviting them to step into. Worship sets the stage for the message, and it primes people for life change.
The Worship Leader will provide musical and technical leadership to pursue excellence for our Sunday morning worship experience overseeing both the Worship Team and Service Experience Team. Additionally, the Worship Leader will support and work together with the Lead Pastor to help people take their next step toward Jesus.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Lead Pastor to plan, organize, and spiritually lead our Sunday morning worship service.
- Recruit, train, and build worship teams.
- Plan and organize worship services to meet weekly time requirements.
- Sharpen musical and technical abilities in an ongoing way.
- Lead volunteers to sharpen their musical abilities.
- Assist with the Service Experience Team technical efforts.
- Provide pastoral care to Worship Team volunteers.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Has a teamwork mentality that translates to a worship team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Experience with keys, guitar, and/or other instruments.
- Familiar with Church Presentation Software.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong spiritual maturity.
- Exceptional talent vocally to lead a worship experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
What We Offer
- This is starting as a part-time job (10 hours per week).
- Flexible hours outside of Sunday morning.
- $250 annually to invest in your professional growth.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At The Well, we are passionate about reaching more people and helping them take their next step toward Jesus. Every staff member and intern is a minister and is expected to fully engage in the church’s ministry. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent The Well’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at The Well is to uphold and represent the beliefs of The Well.
Learn more about what we believe at The Well.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We wish to have diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender as it is essential to reaching the world for Christ.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.
To apply for this job please visit thewellbinbrook.churchcenter.com.