The Well Community Church
Helping people take their next step toward Jesus...together.
Summer Employee, The Well
The Summer Employee position will be primarily responsible for helping run, facilitate and grow the Kids Ministry at The Well through community outreach and summer programming.
Our desire is for The Well Summer Employees to lead kids toward Christ by creating engaging and fun experiences throughout the summer. At The Well, we have a significant number of children but we also don’t want to overlook the thousands of kids living in Binbrook who haven’t yet been reached with the Gospel! For this reason, we want our Summer Employee position to involve a significant amount of community outreach events. We also want to continue to pour into and develop the children who attend The Well Sunday services weekly. We are looking for people who are competent in organizing curriculum, leading group lessons and facilitating games, crafts and activities.
The Summer Employee will work closely with the Lead Pastor, the Kids Zone Director as well as the second Summer Employee. The Summer Employee will also work closely with the kid’s ministry team and volunteers.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Lead Pastor & Kids Director to plan, organize, and lead our Sunday morning Kids Zone program.
- Organize and help develop our Kids Ministry volunteer team.
- Plan, organize and help facilitate kids-based community outreach events and initiatives (ie: Picnic in the Park).
- Plan, organize and run an excellent 1-week summer day camp program (July 24-28).
- Help clean, organize, and repaint (if necessary) our ministry spaces.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Has a strong work ethic and mentality that translates to a team setting. • Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Strong spiritual maturity.
- Experience with kids and kids’ programming.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Offer
- The position is 35 hours per week starting June 12 and ending August 6, 2023.
- $16.50 per hour
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At The Well, we are passionate about reaching more people and helping them take their next step toward Jesus. Every staff member and intern is a minister and is expected to fully engage in the church’s ministry. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent The Well’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at The Well is to uphold and represent the beliefs of The Well.
Learn more about what we believe at The Well.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We wish to have diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender as it is essential to reaching the world for Christ.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.
To apply for this job please visit www.thewellbinbrook.com.