Water Street Church
We are excited to share that we are looking for a Pastor of Faith Formation (PFF) to be a part of our next chapter at Water Street Church. We are seeking an individual who has a heart for supporting and encouraging faith formation and spiritual growth among people of all ages, but especially among the younger members of our church family. The PFF will lead the faith formation team (FFT) which guides and supports our church ministries, which are led by volunteers that speak into the lives of our church family.
Water Street Church of Guelph is a multi-generational fellowship of believers. We are committed to be a loving community, led by the Holy Spirit, where people come to know God, follow Jesus and serve our world. Feel free to check out our website https://waterstreetchurch.ca or Facebook page for more information.
Qualifications and Skills
· Education and experience that will equip the applicant for the responsibilities of this role
· An ordained minister of the Christian Reformed Church or candidate for ministry is preferred, but alternate degree programs will be considered (i.e. Masters of Religious studies)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Possessing and demonstrating a love for the Church
· Good knowledge of Scripture and Reformed Christian doctrine
· Good administrative and organizational skills
· Effective teaching skills and ability to collaborate in teamwork
· Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Police Check must be provided
· It is understood that the individual will subscribe to the doctrinal standards of the Christian Reformed Church in North America and will be expected to worship regularly with us as part of participating in our church life.
Working Conditions and Accountability
This is a full-time position (ie. 75 paid hours bi-weekly). Hours of work will have some flexibility, but will include some evenings and availability for weekend special events from time to time.
Water Street Church is currently led by Pastor Kasey Vanderveen (Specialized Transitional Minister) and an office administrator on staff. The PFF works with the Pastor and office administrator as part of our pastoral ministry team and will report to Consistory.
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits. Details (including a full job description) can be obtained by contacting the Clerk of Water Street Church (email below). Anyone interested in applying is invited to send a resume and cover letter to the Clerk of Water Street Church at 287 Water Street, Guelph, ON N1G 1B6 or email@example.com.
Applicants should apply by October 15, 2023 and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all those who apply and wish them God’s blessing.