Pursuing deeper life in Christ
The Director of Children’s Ministry (DCM) will provide spiritual and organizational leadership for all aspects of ministry to children (nursery – grade 5). This position is for 20 hours/week.
The DCM will develop programming and ministry to children and with parents appropriate to the overall vision of Wellspring Church (WC). The DCM will also partner with the youth ministries to foster a culture of continuity between the various family ministries. This includes supporting ministry transitions from GR 5 – JR High, as well as providing discipleship opportunities by incorporating youth volunteers within the Children’s ministry.
The DCM will collaborate with the Associate Pastor and other pastoral staff in church-wide ministry opportunities from time to time for the sake of growing connections with the greater church and community. The role requires a high capacity for building and developing teams, vision casting, and managing multiple programs and tasks simultaneously.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
The nature of the DCM role is highly collaborative. You will be regularly working alongside the Associate Pastor, a Kids Min Core Team, and the larger Kids Min volunteer team. This is a team focused ministry. Although the DCM is responsible for the following main areas, the DCM is not responsible for doing all of the work themselves but ensuring it happens:
1. Sunday Children’s Church (60%)
– Give overall leadership to children’s ministry which includes volunteer teams, children, and parents.
– Responsible for all programming and volunteer scheduling for Sunday morning Children’s Church (Nursery – Grade 5).
– Responsible for all curriculum and lesson planning.
– Collaborate with Kids Min Core team to accomplish ministry goals.
– Weekly communication with children’s ministry volunteers.
2. Family and Special Events (20%)
– Work with Kids Min Core Team to develop regular, special Family Events.
– Incorporate Children’s Ministry in special events like Christmas and Easter services as well as other special church wide ministry.
– Support, and promote our summer camp (Adventure Camp) to families. Follow up with participating families to encourage connection and further ministry.
3. Discipleship and Admin (15%)
– Develop Children’s Church curriculum plans for the ministry year, (Sept.– June).
– Maintain a year-long (Sept–June) Children’s Church volunteer schedule.
– Develop a discipleship strategy for children that encourages discipleship in the home.
– Maintain and develop children’s ministry policies and procedures ensuring current Plan to Protect practices are being observed.
– Prepare and administer Children’s ministry budgets as approved by the board.
4. Staff Team Participation (5%)
– Weekly updates with Associate Pastor
– Attend WC Staff team meetings as agreed upon with Associate Pastor.
– Participate with CCD district gatherings when available such as District Retreats (Nov), District Conference (Bi-Annual) and CCD Children’s Network meetings.
– Preferred but not required (or willing to pursue) further post-secondary education in related field.
– Licensed by the Central Canadian District of The Alliance Canada (or willing to be).
Inclusions in resume:
– Describe your current, active life with Christ.
– Describe your strengths, opportunities for growth, and approach to discipleship for children.
– Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
– Only successful candidates from the first stage of the application process will be contacted for the next step.
– References will only be requested from candidates proceeding to the next step.
– As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check, and signed agreements for the Alliance Canada Statement of Faith, Call to Excellence, and Statement on Human Sexuality.