FGF Brands is a multi-billion dollar company with 30+ manufacturing plants across Canada and the United States. Wonderbrands is a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of FGF Brands and has 12 plants, and 190+ distribution centers and depots across the entire Canada. Products such as Wonder breads, D’Italiano breads, Casa Mendosa tortillas, and Country Harvest breads are some of the flagship products of Wonderbrands.
Do you have a passion to innovate and a desire to challenge the status quo? We are seeking upcoming and recent graduates who are interested in joining an organization that offers opportunities to work in a fun, stimulating, and dynamic environment as Production Line Leaders.
We want to help you unleash your full potential! Our Wonderbrands Next Gen Talent Program is designed for high-potential young professionals, with an objective of training the next generation of leaders and developing our home-grown talent. We create safe and inclusive spaces that encourage you to be you. The result is an agile workplace, filled with Team Members that have a relentless obsession with continuous improvement and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If you are a recent graduate or plan to graduate this year, the Wonderbrands Next Gen Talent Program could be a great opportunity for you. Come join us on our journey to become the world’s great baker!
What Wonderbrands Offers:
- We believe in Home Grown Talent, accelerated career growth with leadership training; Unleashing Your Potential
- Many of our team members who joined us through similar “new graduate” programs were able to accelerate their career growth and reach high levels in our organization within a few years of joining us
- Competitive Compensation, Health Benefits, and a generous flexible Medical/Health spending account
- Employer matching Pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discount program that covers almost everything under the sun – restaurants, gyms, shopping etc.
Reporting to the Shift Leader and Operations Leader, the Line Leader – Production will provide hands-on leadership on a production shift within the plant to ensure production schedules are met safely and on time all within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment
– Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual respect and team work among Team Members
– Conduct pre-shift huddles and provides feedback for Team Leaders
– Responsible for leading Team Leaders in addition to production crew on one or more production lines
– Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Leaders and Team Members
– Ensures production schedules are met and deals with problems that may occur
– Co-ordinates the various department schedules, products and manpower to ensure that the production in the plant runs smoothly
– Checks to ensure that proper methods and procedures are being used and that quality, safety, environment standards are met
– Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Team Leaders, and other Team Members as needed
– Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing Company standards and regular inspections
– Assists in all testing of new equipment, methods and or products, as well as trouble shoot processes and equipment
– Utilizes the OMS system to help achieve production targets
– Assists Shift Leader in ensuring KPIs are met daily
– Follows and enforce all GMP’s and Safety Procedures as outlined by Wonderbrands
– Acts as a backup to Shift Leader when necessary
– Additional responsibilities may be added to better satisfy needs of the business
– Post-secondary education required (Operations Management, Business Administration, Engineering, etc.)
– Bright, driven and clear about your future career goals
– Ability to learn fast, ambitious and come up with new innovative ideas
– Positive attitude and a results-oriented mindset
– A demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading and motivating a team to meet demands established by the schedule
– Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
– Work well in and support a team-based environment
– Roll up your sleeves mentality with a whatever it takes mindset to get the job done
– Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
– Candidates applying must be a recent graduate
What is the recipe for a great career at Wonderbrands?
Working at Wonderbrands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.