FGF Brands is a multi-billion dollar company with 30+ manufacturing plants across Canada and the United States. Wonderbrands is a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of FGF Brands and has 12 plants, and 190+ distribution centers and depots across the entire Canada. Products such as Wonder breads, D’Italiano breads, Casa Mendosa tortillas, and Country Harvest breads are some of the flagship products of Wonderbrands.
Do you have a passion to innovate and a desire to challenge the status quo? We are seeking upcoming and recent graduates who are interested in joining an organization that offers opportunities to work in a fun, stimulating, and dynamic environment as Quality Assurance Technicians.
We want to help you unleash your full potential! Our Wonderbrands Next Gen Talent Program is designed for high-potential young professionals, with an objective of training the next generation of leaders and developing our home-grown talent. We create safe and inclusive spaces that encourage you to be you. The result is an agile workplace, filled with Team Members that have a relentless obsession with continuous improvement and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If you are a recent graduate or plan to graduate this year, the Wonderbrands Next Gen Talent Program could be a great opportunity for you. Come join us on our journey to become the world’s great baker!
What Wonderbrands Offers:
- We believe in Home Grown Talent, accelerated career growth with leadership training; Unleashing Your Potential
- Many of our team members who joined us through similar “new graduate” programs were able to accelerate their career growth and reach high levels in our organization within a few years of joining us
- Competitive Compensation, Health Benefits, and a generous flexible Medical/Health spending account
- Employer matching Pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discount program that covers almost everything under the sun – restaurants, gyms, shopping etc.
As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will perform day-to-day quality assurance activities such as inspections, internal audits, recommending corrective actions, research and reports all within a fast-paced food-manufacturing environment. In this position, you will work in a team environment led by a Team Leader. You will support your Team Leader by demonstrating and practicing teamwork every day and respect all your fellow Team Members.
– Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehouse functions of the company including GMP, metal detection, label and coding verification, general hygiene and safety, as well as in process and finished product weights
– Document all QA activities accurately and timely
– Conduct verification of the proper functioning of testing equipment such as thermometers and scales
– Continuously assesses the results of inspection findings and react in a timely manner to communicate potential problems to Team leader and QA Team Leader
– Prepare reports/summaries and communicates results to QA Team Leader and others as necessary
– Implement Hold procedures for suspect product and or product evaluations and testing
– Collect and submits samples for laboratory analysis
– Assist with the development and delivery of Quality/Food Safety Training for manufacturing and support teams
– Assist with investigations, consumer/customer complaints
– Assist and provides support during third part audits
– Participate in plant trials and other related duties and responsibilities assigned
– Post-secondary education in Food Science, Microbiology, process engineering or a related discipline
– Bright, driven and clear about your future career goals
– Ability to learn fast, ambitious and come up with new innovative ideas
– Positive attitude and a results-oriented mindset
– Work well in and support a team-based environment
– Roll up your sleeves mentality with a whatever it takes mindset to get the job done
– Naturally curious and strong desire to learn and grow
– Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Knowledge of food safety (HACCP) programs, GMP programs and Quality Systems
– Experience with BRC an asset
– Candidates applying must be a recent graduate
What is the recipe for a great career at Wonderbrands?
Working at Wonderbrands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.