World Renew Canada
World Renew Canada
$137,000 to $172,000 + Benefits
Working with local partners (87 projects in 31 countries) around the world, World Renew’s goal is systemic, generational change and holistic transformation in five key areas: Peace and Justice, Community Health, Food Security, Economic Opportunity and Disaster Response.
For 60 years, World Renew has been empowered by God’s passion for justice and mercy, guided by a desire to actively participate in envisioning a world where people experience and extend Christ’s compassion and live together in hope as God’s community.
In Canada, World Renew focuses on engaging Christians, churches, businesses, and schools in learning about and responding to disaster, hunger, poverty and injustice. This includes Disaster Response within Canada and abroad, Refugee Resettlement, Community Development ministries within Canada and engagement with Canadians to invite their participation and support in a variety of ways.
An agency of the Christian Reformed Church North America (CRCNA), World Renew has home offices in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, and Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.
More information about World Renew Canada is available at www.worldrenew.ca.
This is a career opportunity for a leader of committed faith. Using a shared leadership approach, two Executive Directors (Canada/US) lead World Renew, both globally, bi- nationally, and nationally, in fulfilling its mission by providing overall strategic direction and accountability for results and by ensuring fiscal and organizational health to achieve its priorities and desired culture.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and collaborating with the US Executive Director, the Canadian ED interacts with the leadership team, partner organizations, churches, donors and other internal/external stakeholders to further the mission of World Renew Canada.
· Master’s degree in a related discipline to support the ministries and programs of World Renew
· 10+ years of senior experience in a significant leadership role including development and execution of strategy
· Demonstrate a strong commitment to working collaboratively within a bi-national structure to ensure effective ministries domestically and internationally
· Excellent knowledge of the not-for-profit and charitable sector in Canada
· Knowledge and experience in domestic and international relief and development
· Ability to lead diverse, global teams and work with international partners
· Ability to participate in fundraising and donor engagement
· Experience working with a governance Board of Directors
· Demonstrated compassion for people in situations of poverty, coupled with a commitment to holistic ministries which equip them to discover and use their full potential
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage with a variety of audiences including, staff, board, donors, media, churches, international partners, etc.
· Demonstrated Christian faith commitment
· Ability to travel nationally and internationally approximately 25-30% of the time, including travel into developing countries that involve harsh and challenging conditions
· Working knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church an asset
To submit your application by November 7, 2022, please visit http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings.
Select the role to View the posting and click on the ‘Apply’ button to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the position? Contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit crawfordconnect.com.