World Vision Canada
Position: Human Resources Internship
Reports to: Business Partner, People & Culture
Position Term: Part-time, temporary
Primary Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Workplace Type: Remote (within Canada)
Are you passionate about helping the world’s most vulnerable children? We’re looking for an enthusiastic and driven Human Resources Intern to assist our People and Culture department with administrative and HR-related tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to our People & Culture Business Partner team.
- Assist in making sure policies and procedures are up to date and maintained.
- Assist in executing relevant HR programs and engagement activities that get employees excited about WVC.
- Assist the People & Culture teams with project work.
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or studying toward a degree in human resource management or related field.
- Working knowledge of labour legislation – ESA, OHSA.
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is advantageous.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and visual) with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders across all levels.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of work within the department.
- Personal integrity when handling confidential information.
- Previous internship experience in an HR related field an asset.
Skills & competencies
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management, goal setting and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of labour laws such as ESA, OHSA.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world – and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit can62e2.dayforcehcm.com.