YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford
The Beyond the Bell Supervisor reports directly to the Area Supervisor of Community Outreach. This position is responsible for the co-ordination and direct program delivery at a Beyond the Bell location.
Salary (newly increased):
- Assists with the recruitment and training of Beyond the Bell program staff
- Provides orientations, training, supervision, and general performance management of staff including the planning and organizing of staff and program schedules
- Oversees and supervises parent/volunteer activities, conferences and programs
- Acts as the YMCA liaison and attends and participates in community meetings and events as required
- Provides direct program delivery at the Beyond the Bell site
- Prepares written reports and coordinates the collection/analysis of statistical data as required
- Manages a program budget; monitors program inventory supplies
- Responsible for purchasing supplies and equipment, as well as moving/unpacking of supplies and set up at program site
- Some travel required between Beyond the Bell site and the YMCA as well as field trips as scheduled
- Must be available to work a regular schedule Monday to Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., however, is able to maintain flexibility in his/her schedule to manage issues, concerns and problems as they may arise
- Post secondary education (completed or in progress) in Child and Youth Studies, Recreation and Leisure or related field
- Valid certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Previous work experience supervising staff and working with children is preferred
- Commitment to providing program delivery for children
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of child development and related “new” research
- If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid Human Rights exemption.
- Vulnerable Sectors Screening Police Check required
To apply for this job please visit www.ymcahbb.ca.