Crosspoint Community Church
Job Title: Youth Activity Coordinator, Full time, May – August
Employer: Crosspoint Community Church is a vibrant, growing congregation in a rapidly growing neighbourhood
Location: Tillsonburg, Ontario
Qualifications: We are looking for energetic, creative individuals who love the Lord and desire to share that love with others. Working individually and as part of a team is required.
Pay rate: $16 – 18.00 per hour
- Community Engagement
- Goal: to introduce the neighbourhood to Crosspoint and its ministries
- Working with leaders at Crosspoint, the student will plan, promote and host interactive events for children, families and seniors in the community. This could include day camps, sports activities, socials, craft sessions, picnics, or other activities that creative minds may dream up.
- Working with volunteers and staff from several Tillsonburg Churches, the student will help run Kids Bible Camp (July 24-28) and help coordinate follow-up with participants.
- Goal: to become proficient and comfortable presenting a basic outline of the gospel.
- Meeting weekly with a leader, the student will study the basic gospel outline and rehearse explaining the gospel in a clear, concise, coherent, and comprehensive way. They will pray for opportunities and prompting to unpack the gospel with someone who is curious.If leaders at Crosspoint deem it helpful to run Alpha this summer, students will assist in hosting and running Alpha
- Seeking Justice and Serving
- Goal: to grow in understanding and compassion for those with food insecurity
- Strategy: In cooperation with the Go Local Team and the Deacons, the student will assist planning and hosting Community Meals. The opportunity to sit over the meal with the participants and engage them in conversation is as important as putting food on people’s plates.
- Spiritual Maturity
- Goal: To learn dependence on the Holy Spirit for ministry,
- Strategy: the student is expected to pray for Crosspoint daily, asking God to use Crosspoint Community Church to make more disciples and better disciples who influence Tillsonburg and surrounding area for the Kingdom of God.
For more information contact Arnold Ypma 519-660-9979
Please send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org