Emma Van Hoffen
Student Senate, Redeemer University, Ontario – Assistant to the Vice President of Finance
September 2020 – May 2021
- Planned a charity fundraising event with two other Assistant members of the Senate.
- Recorded and distributed minutes for Finance Committee meetings.
- Attended weekly meetings of the Student Senate with duties including providing updates, offering input and voting on matters of the Senate.
- Collected and reviewed Budget Term Reports from club leaders on a monthly basis.
- Ensured the annual Student Senate Budget Meeting ran smoothly by providing technical assistance during presentations.
- Scanned and emailed completed Finance forms to the Vice President of Finance.
- Assisted the Vice President of Finance in reconciling Senate funds and depositing monies to the university’s Finance Office.
- Staffed the Student Senate office for three hours each week, providing excellent customer service to students especially in regards to financial matters of clubs.
HomeSense, Burlington Centre, Ontario – Store Associate
July 2019 – November 2019
- Operated a Point of Sale system to process customer purchases, returns and exchanges.
- Arranged merchandise on store displays according to design requirements.
- Worked as a team to organize and process inventory received from daily shipments.
- Contributed to positive customer service experiences by greeting and guiding customers as they entered the store.
- Assisted customers in purchase decisions by offering input while managing competing priorities of maintaining departmental organization.
Maple Reinders, Mississauga, Ontario — Office Assistant
Summer 2017 & Summer 2018
- Successfully learned and implemented a new tool-management software (ToolWatch) and entered inventory into the database. (2018)
- Used Asana task-management software to gather information on tasks and communicate with the team when tasks were completed.
- Built online forms using an in-house designed software for future use on construction job sites.
- Scanned and digitized confidential information for data entry in a timely manner.
- Utilized the iCIMS 17.3 database to securely record sensitive Human Resource documents with accuracy. (2017)
Counselor, GEMS Girls Club, Bethel Church – Waterdown, ON
September 2018 – June 2020
- Supervised a group of 25+ girls, aged Grade 3 through Grade 8 in crafts, singing and group discussions.
- Mentored and guided Grade 3 & 4 girls through Bible lessons and games.
- Prepared snacks and activities for the group.
Teen Leadership Camp, 541 Eatery & Exchange – Hamilton, ON
- Completed a one-week program focused on developing Front of House, cashier, and food prep skills.
- Learned about and assisted in the daily activities of the Eatery through various roles, such as dishwashing, gardening, cleaning, and greeting customers.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts: Business – Redeemer University
- Enrolled as an upcoming second year student – Class of 2024
- Redeemer University Leadership Scholarship
- Board of Governors Scholarship for Academic Achievement
- Ontario Scholar Award for Academic Achievement
- Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases – Certificate, University of Pennsylvania (Coursera)
- Hamilton District Christian High – Ancaster, ON
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma – Class of 2020
- First Aid Level C Certification – Canadian Red Cross
- Team Player
- Redeemer University / SunLight Foundation Leadership Scholarship
- Redeemer University Board of Governors Scholarship
- Ontario Scholar Award
- Bay Area Science and Engineering Fair 2016: Bronze Medallion Winner
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org