English Writing/ Communications Student
Redeemer University College Bachelor of Arts Degree (2017 – present)
● Major: English – Creative Writing, Media & Communication Studies
● Minor: Business – focus on Business Marketing
Awards and Achievements:
● Academic Award for Excellence in the English Department
● Academic Award for Excellence in the Humanities Department
● Dean’s Honour List: Fall and Winter 2017, 2018
Editor in Chief and Reporter for The Crown – Redeemer University (Fall 2018 – present)
● As Editor, I collaborated with reporters and editors to provide students and staff at Redeemer University with a professional student online and printed newspaper that initiated conversations around a variety of topics.
● As a reporter, I brainstormed ideas for articles that were relevant to the student body and worked with the rest of the team to present ideas and articles from a Christian perspective.
Financial Services Assistant – Redeemer University (Summer 2019)
· With careful attention to detail, I was able to complete journal data entries and bank reconciliations while also learning other valuable transferable office skills.
Full-Time Summer Caretaker – Crystal Beach (July – August 2018)
● Demonstrated the ability to manage daily and weekly household activities like cleaning, doing laundry, and grocery shopping while the parents of two young children were at work.
● Planned outings and activities that entertained two girls aged 3 and 8 that were not only fun, but also educational.
Little Kickers Soccer League Coach – Beamsville (Summer 2014)
● Organized games and drills that created a space of learning and skill development for young kids aged 2-3 years who were interested in playing soccer.
Book Depot – Thorold (Fall 2014 – 2018)
● Utilized time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills to finish assigned tasks and communicate with peers and supervisors in a warehouse environment.
Monthly Reporter for high school newspaper (The Mouthpiece) (2013 – 2017)
● By reporting on events and topics that were relevant to the students attending Heritage Christian School, I worked with the supervising teacher and classmates to make sure quality work was being published.
Girl’s Club Counselor (2013 – 2015)
● Acted as a leader and role model for younger girls in my church and participated in group activities and events.